Withdrawal, concussion & other Med advice please!

[Be...]

Hi,

So at almost 2 years out I banged my head & got concussion. I can no longer distinguish what is concussion & what is BWD. Just to make things way more fun I’m also perimemopausak with plummeting eatrofen really making things super fun (not).

Before banging my head I was almost healed I’d say.  Whoops.  At 6 weeks after banging my head I had the injection Ajovy which my neurologist assured me wouldn’t affect my brain but a nerve in my neck - Ajovy didn’t stop the migraines but it did rev up what I think is BWD symptoms.  Then after 5 months of pure hell of not being able to distract it was literally life or death & I went to see a psychiatrist who put broke on 2.5mg of zyprexa.  He diagnosed me as bi-polar.  Help. I’ve been on the zyprexa for 9 days now.  For about an hour & a half afterwards I am calm.  Then the roller coaster begins & I definitely think I’m having inter-dose withdrawal.  I’ve been rear hung epilum which is used for bi polar & also he Jo’s migraines & I’ve been Researching lamicital. Any advice anyone? Thank you :))

I am sorry no one has weighed in Bess, but like me they probably don’t feel confident enough to suggest what may help you.  I am sorry for your new diagnosis, but, hopefully, the new medicine will start to work soon! 

Where are you living now, and how is your sweet puppy?

I am thinking of you and sending lots of hugs.

GG

Bess,

I have a couple thoughts here. First of all if you were not bipolar before you went into withdrawal you most likely are not now. I have read of others going through withdrawal and their doctors diagnose them as bipolar and try to medicate them. I'm not saying I know better than your doctor but it's just a thought. Also, perimenopause can cause lots of mental symptoms as well as the fact you got that injection which you might have gone into a setback from. I am so sorry . But this too shall pass. You will get through this. You are strong! On another note, if you just started taking the medication 9 days ago it usually takes a while to start working so you might have to give it a few weeks to see if it's going to help you. I'm so sorry that you're still struggling this much. Sending you warm love and healing hugs!

LiveLife

Thanks so much - I really appreciate your kind words & support. I’m literally losing my shit - almost 6 months since I hanged my head;  please please help -  my psych has COVID now so isn’t consulting at the moment. Has anyone tried lexapro?? I need to get my anxiety down - I’m clawing my way through each day: help - please please help. 

Thank you xx

Bess,

I'm so sorry. It sounds like you're struggling very badly and I'm right there with you I get it completely. I'm not sure about Lexapro it's not something I have experience with. I think you might do best if you post this on the other medications page there might be some insight and information to help you. I sure hope you get some relief and find a solution soon. Hugs!

LiveLife

• 3 months later...