Anyone had any experience with Escitalopram/Lexapro?

[Cr...]

I took Lexapro for about a year and a half many years ago after a severe emotional trauma. I can’t say whether it helped or not, but tapering off wasn’t difficult, some brain zaps for about six months afterwards and that was all.

On the other hand my doctor had first prescribed Celexa and I had a very bad reaction in the first couple of days and stopped immediately.

Those are my only two AD/SSRI experiences.

Hey guys,

Just want to know if anyone has any experience with Escitalopram or Lexapro. Any good?

Dave.

I think I lasted about two years on it. I see you took paroxetine and CTed after 2 days. I CTed after a week. The brain fog and depression were unbearable.

Escitalopram has strong anti-anxiolytic properties. It's good for people with social anxiety. Paroxetine made me a complete, suicidally depressed zombie. They don't prescribe it to kids under 18 yrs of age cause of the high suicide rate.

I tolerated escitalopram better than paroxetine. It can help the BZD taper. It's always best to start from the lowest possible dose. Like 5 mg.

Hey guys,

Just want to know if anyone has any experience with Escitalopram or Lexapro. Any good?

Dave.

I think I lasted about two years on it. I see you took paroxetine and CTed after 2 days. I CTed after a week. The brain fog and depression were unbearable.

Escitalopram has strong anti-anxiolytic properties. It's good for people with social anxiety. Paroxetine made me a complete, suicidally depressed zombie. They don't prescribe it to kids under 18 yrs of age cause of the high suicide rate.

I tolerated escitalopram better than paroxetine. It can help the BZD taper. It's always best to start from the lowest possible dose. Like 5 mg.

Hi guys,

It's good to know this! I may consider Lexapro as a taper aid.

I read where it's the most tolerable of all the SSRI's out there

I see you are off all your meds. Congrats! Does benzo belly go away?

Yes, Paroxetine/Paxil was a nightmare that I don't wish to ever go back to.

Dave.

Hey guys,

Dave.

Hi guys,

Dave.

In my case, the physical BZD WD side effects went away. But the psychological ones persist. Like fatigue during the day and insomnia at night. I also have lots of social anxiety. But I have had it all my life. Independent of the BZD. The diazepam actually made my anxiety worse when I hit tolerance.

I personally hated it. If you happen to take it and come off, I wouldn't reinstate. Lexapro is much more difficult to come off of a second time around. It took me 4 years to taper it.

I personally hated it. If you happen to take it and come off, I wouldn't reinstate. Lexapro is much more difficult to come off of a second time around. It took me 4 years to taper it.

was bad for me also. in my drug signature link. you can see some of the stuff i was on about the same time period i took lexapro. it wasn't fun to come off of, nor the side effects while on it. i can tell you this, i do remember now what i blocked for those years that i did online on livestream no less...humiliating now, but i learned my lesson. anyways, if you're gonna do it then you're gonna do it. nothing anyone else says here is gonna stop you. in the end we all gotta take responsibility for what we put into our bodies and what happens later. you're asking for experiences with it, well now you have some and it sounds like you still wanna take it. good luck to you

Well, I might reconsider that option TBH and not try Lexapro. I'm a poor decision maker really. Led me to accidental abuse of Valium.

Dave.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Dave.

Hi guys,

Dave.

Dave, what happened when you took Paxil? We’re you still tapering when you started it?

Well, I might reconsider that option TBH and not try Lexapro. I'm a poor decision maker really. Led me to accidental abuse of Valium.

Dave.

Dave, please remember everything is very individual.

There are some folks on here who have had decent experiences with escitalopram. Do a search.

Very activating for me. Couldn’t sleep at all.

Did you try any other antidepressant. Pristiq and viibryd were too activating to me where as Lexapro wasn't.

Very activating for me. Couldn’t sleep at all.

Did you try any other antidepressant. Pristiq and viibryd were too activating to me where as Lexapro wasn't.

How far out were you when you started the lexapro?

I’m 9.5 months out.

Considering lexapro or celexa.

Can you tell me more about your experience?

Everyone is different. At the end of the day it’s trial and error, hit or miss. My psychiatrist prescribed me Zoloft and I said how about Remeron and he said ok Remeron. I basically chose my medication!

Everyone is different. At the end of the day it’s trial and error, hit or miss. My psychiatrist prescribed me Zoloft and I said how about Remeron and he said ok Remeron. I basically chose my medication!

Yeah, I´ve had that happen before.

Really need something for the depression and anxiety that won´t be activating in this fragile condition/state.

Is your name from The Wire?

• 1 month later...

Hi all anyone can advise on mixing Xanax with Lexapro? My doctor suggest I start Lexapro before I taper Xanax. I am just scared it will triger more anxiety.

Thanks.

I know 2 ppl.

One is having a horrific time tapering ecitalopram due to severe akathesia, terror etc.

Another who had a horrific time withdrawing from Lexapro.

I just had a 4 year taper off 10mg Lexapro. Pure H**L! I was nauseous 99% of the time. I was on it for almost 20 years and would never go back on it. I had to taper off 10% a month, couldn’t go any faster. I would never go back on it. That’s just my opinion though.

Now, fighting to get off Xanax. I’ve just cut 3mg to 1.98mg from June1, 2019 to November 1, 2019. Very slow, I know.  Do you have any experience wd’ ing from that? I could use some help. The anxiety is really horrific!

Good luck,

SS2