Author Topic: Monophobia anybody?  (Read 645 times)

[Buddie]

Monophobia anybody?
« on: May 24, 2022, 11:51:41 am »
I have a lot of bad symptoms and really don't see any point in my suffering, what's the purpose of getting of these drugs when we are suffering,  we should have been better.
Along with other sxs, my monophobia is very severe, I think I didn't before had any problems with this, always in fact was alone a lot. I did a bit as a kid, but that went away. I'dont have diagnosis either. Do I need to suffer another 10 years for it to possibly go away? Anyone else with this?  This monophobia intesify all the other symptoms and I barely function on my alone, panic, breathing.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Monophobia anybody?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 06:26:00 pm »
Hi [...]

I am just bringing a few threads here for you to read through, don't know if they will help you, but at least you will know you are not alone.

Monophobia - how to improve?

Monophobia / Agoraphobia

Anyone suffering with monophobia

Hang in there, time is our healer, it will get better, try and stay positive

[...] :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2022, 06:59:40 pm »
Hi [...]

I am just bringing a few threads here for you to read through, don't know if they will help you, but at least you will know you are not alone.

Monophobia - how to improve?

Monophobia / Agoraphobia

Anyone suffering with monophobia

Hang in there, time is our healer, it will get better, try and stay positive

[...] :thumbsup:

Thank you [...] :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2022, 04:37:35 am »
I have a lot of bad symptoms and really don't see any point in my suffering, what's the purpose of getting of these drugs when we are suffering,  we should have been better.
Along with other sxs, my monophobia is very severe, I think I didn't before had any problems with this, always in fact was alone a lot. I did a bit as a kid, but that went away. I'dont have diagnosis either. Do I need to suffer another 10 years for it to possibly go away? Anyone else with this?  This monophobia intesify all the other symptoms and I barely function on my alone, panic, breathing.
Also had as kid and went away. Got it like crazy from WD. I know the panic attacks. I used to turn on the TV or go to an online chat room. But in WD it was unbarable. I had my phone next to me the entire time. It slowly goes away. This may not help but I have heard of fear of people lasting longer than the monophobia usually does.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2022, 07:03:59 am »
Hi there!

Oh Goodness, monophobia... yes. It was my worst symptom for a while, just dreadful to endure. I couldn't quite understand what was going on as it didn't feel like 'fear' per say, it was just... mental torture. So obviously I would dread finding myself alone because of how dreadful it would make me feel, and yes, I would panic, but fear in itself, no, it wasn't quite the word. With hindsight, I think it might have to do with a mix of mental akathisia and a total lack of emotional drive or direction: when I'd find myself alone with mental akathisia, there was no way I could escape the mental anguish, I'd feel as if I was going to explode. But being with people would help me distract somewhat from that hell, I'd also 'feed' on their own emotional direction ('I want to do this or that') so could (somewhat...) escape that horrible void inside me.

For me, monophobia faded gradually but it sure did. Now, that doesn't mean that all you can do is sit back and wait for it to pass while you cling to every family member who can spare you some time! That's a horrible situation to be in because you depend on others, you lose all power on the way you feel... and that is a horrible feeling to add to the rest of the horrible feelings brought on by the symptoms and the situation in itself. No, you have other options, other tools are available, you just need to find what works for you. They might not be optimal solutions but they will bring more options to you, options is the word  :thumbs-up: For example, my monophobia was the reason I enrolled in evening classes again and joined lots of Meetups (meetup.com), in spite of feeling no desire for anything. I just went. Dishing out lots and lots of willpower every single time, going through the motions in spite of the absence of joy or interest. I started going to group workout classes and yoga, I also did some volunteering, and goodness what else. I tried so many things during those hard times! Anything to be in a group for a couple of hours and tide me over into the evening hours when my brother would come home from work and we'd have dinner together. Until he left off for 3 weeks in Australia! That was another big step, but it was possible because I had started developing my coping toolbox :thumbsup: And knowing that for 13 years on drugs, I was more or less passed out on a couch hidden behind a closed door and had stopped answering the phone. Those classes were the opportunity to make friends, and let me tell you that I now have some really wonderful friends I met during those times! So what I am saying is that this symptom is indeed horrific, but you have the strength within yourself to use that bastard to your advantage!

You can follow my journey through monophobia on my blog: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=124608.msg2468479#msg2468479 (this was the first post I think where I wrote something about feeling deeply tortured when alone, the journey was all to begin...)

Keep fighting and know that you have everything within you to get through this phase of recovery  :thumbs-up:
Best wishes,
[...]

Keep fighting  :thumbsup: 

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2022, 12:42:13 pm »
Also had as kid and went away. Got it like crazy from WD. I know the panic attacks. I used to turn on the TV or go to an online chat room. But in WD it was unbarable. I had my phone next to me the entire time. It slowly goes away. This may not help but I have heard of fear of people lasting longer than the monophobia usually does.

In what kind did you have it as a kid? Fear of people? It's connected or I misunderstood?
Maybe it's usual kid stuff and fears, I think it's that.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 09:56:55 pm »
There was a time I liked my solitude I do miss my family tremendously. I'm alone most days because I just don't want to get up. I am married but don't feel close to her or her family. Sometimes I like hearing social events downstairs but I'm not in any condition to socialize. I used to watch the news but that stresses me out so I watch a few British TV shows and the rest of the time I have the classical music channel on in the background and either sleeping or playing with the cat or am just idol. I don't like to go anywhere either though I really miss living in a natural environment. I'm just running out my time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2022, 08:47:21 am »
Hi there!

Oh Goodness, monophobia... yes. It was my worst symptom for a while, just dreadful to endure. I couldn't quite understand what was going on as it didn't feel like 'fear' per say, it was just... mental torture. So obviously I would dread finding myself alone because of how dreadful it would make me feel, and yes, I would panic, but fear in itself, no, it wasn't quite the word. With hindsight, I think it might have to do with a mix of mental akathisia and a total lack of emotional drive or direction: when I'd find myself alone with mental akathisia, there was no way I could escape the mental anguish, I'd feel as if I was going to explode. But being with people would help me distract somewhat from that hell, I'd also 'feed' on their own emotional direction ('I want to do this or that') so could (somewhat...) escape that horrible void inside me.

For me, monophobia faded gradually but it sure did. Now, that doesn't mean that all you can do is sit back and wait for it to pass while you cling to every family member who can spare you some time! That's a horrible situation to be in because you depend on others, you lose all power on the way you feel... and that is a horrible feeling to add to the rest of the horrible feelings brought on by the symptoms and the situation in itself. No, you have other options, other tools are available, you just need to find what works for you. They might not be optimal solutions but they will bring more options to you, options is the word  :thumbs-up: For example, my monophobia was the reason I enrolled in evening classes again and joined lots of Meetups (meetup.com), in spite of feeling no desire for anything. I just went. Dishing out lots and lots of willpower every single time, going through the motions in spite of the absence of joy or interest. I started going to group workout classes and yoga, I also did some volunteering, and goodness what else. I tried so many things during those hard times! Anything to be in a group for a couple of hours and tide me over into the evening hours when my brother would come home from work and we'd have dinner together. Until he left off for 3 weeks in Australia! That was another big step, but it was possible because I had started developing my coping toolbox :thumbsup: And knowing that for 13 years on drugs, I was more or less passed out on a couch hidden behind a closed door and had stopped answering the phone. Those classes were the opportunity to make friends, and let me tell you that I now have some really wonderful friends I met during those times! So what I am saying is that this symptom is indeed horrific, but you have the strength within yourself to use that bastard to your advantage!

You can follow my journey through monophobia on my blog: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=124608.msg2468479#msg2468479 (this was the first post I think where I wrote something about feeling deeply tortured when alone, the journey was all to begin...)

Keep fighting and know that you have everything within you to get through this phase of recovery  :thumbs-up:
Best wishes,
[...]

Keep fighting  :thumbsup:

Hi there [...], thank you for answering in detail to my question. Along with these thoughts my worst symptom. How lond did you have it, did it go away? For 36 months, do you understand what is this fear of people? Did you had problems going to bathroom on yourself and that during these, its kind of other symtomps somehow improve during this. It's not really fear, you're right but something like staying on myself in one room is difficult, I don't know how to explain that better. If you don't understand me please ask me. I'm glad I see good people here, who want to help and offer advice. I hope to see even better. Did you live alone or with your brother, you were mentioning him coming late from work.
I started 4, 5 months ago going to work but don't work just going to my father's company and staying there till work finishes because of being alone. I do follow them sometimes what they do, mostly too distract. I'd love to work for real and to build my life if that's possible. Here where I live I'm sure meetup isn't available, but I got the idea.
I will follow your blog, I'm glad someone else has this(not in bad way).
Thank you for answering and offering me maybe some kind of hope. I see a lot of people here have similar problems with this loneness. You're right it's not fear, it's more of panic and losing sense of yourself, like lost or something, it is with these thoughts my worst symptom, but this one possibly the worst.
You too keep fighting and going, how are you doing now?

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2022, 08:49:25 am »
I have a fear of being alone and a fear of abandonment really bad these days because Iím in such bad shape :(
Fear of abandonment, I think i had thoughts like that or had it, in what sense do you have it?

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2022, 08:54:12 am »
There was a time I liked my solitude I do miss my family tremendously. I'm alone most days because I just don't want to get up. I am married but don't feel close to her or her family. Sometimes I like hearing social events downstairs but I'm not in any condition to socialize. I used to watch the news but that stresses me out so I watch a few British TV shows and the rest of the time I have the classical music channel on in the background and either sleeping or playing with the cat or am just idol. I don't like to go anywhere either though I really miss living in a natural environment. I'm just running out my time.

Not being able to have normal life is one of the worst things in this and I understand that, we all do here.
Don't stress yourself too much about that, take care of yourself.
I really hope this gets better with time, but can't say anything, I mean this process.