Down to 1.25 mg Valium and want to begin liquid taper. Few questions??

[Be...]

Hi everyone,

I am currently down to 1.25mg Valium from 10mg.  I can't make cuts smaller than 1.25 and want to begin a liquid taper.  I have about 70 of the 5mg tabs left. My questions are:

1)is 1.25 mg (quarter of a 5mg tab) too small of an amount to dissolve ?

2)how much water should I use ? How many mLs should I pull each day?

I'd really appreciate any input. Thanks guys!

Thanks Jim ,

Does the amount of each tablet I use matter? For example, I'm using a quarter of one tablet.  Is this okay? Or does the titration require that I use a whole tab?  Sounds kind of like a dumb question but I'm thinking the tablet amount will effect the suspension/solution.

Thanks again!

Hi Beetlejuice :smitten:

Does the amount of each tablet I use matter?

It does. An entire tablet in your case is 5 mg Valium. A quarter will be just 1.25 mg. Usually with liquid taper you don't need to prepare the solution for only one day. You can actually prepare solution for 7, 10 days provided you don't use perishable milk. Example: 2 x 5 mg tablet + 20 ml Vodka + 80 ml water will give 100 ml of solution of 0.1 mg/ml. It will suffice for 8 days at the beginning and longer as you taper down.

Hope I answered your question.

Hi Beetlejuice :smitten:

I'm down to 1.25 mg Valium which is a quarter tab.  Do dissolve this quarter tab into the solution ?

No. You dissolve 2 entire tablets (of 5 mg each) by using 20 ml Vodka. When done add 80 ml water. You will obtain 100 ml of solution, 01 mg/ml. With a syringe you draw up and drink 12.5 ml of the solution instead of taking 1.25 mg in tablet.

No. You dissolve 2 entire tablets (of 5 mg each) by using 20 ml Vodka. When done add 80 ml water. You will obtain 100 ml of solution, 01 mg/ml. With a syringe you draw up and drink 12.5 ml of the solution instead of taking 1.25 mg in tablet.

I've tried to read as much as I can on the board and still have questions.

Is it necessary to dissolve the Valium pills in Vodka, or can you just crush them and mix it in the correct amount of liquid?

In a pinned threat I read that milk is a better suspension element than water: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=19081.0

Thanks!

Hi confuseduser :smitten:

Is it necessary to dissolve the Valium pills in Vodka

It is. Benzo can be dissolved only by specific solvents as Vodka, PG, fatty milk...

can you just crush them and mix it in the correct amount of liquid?

You can. It will give nothing useful for therapeutic purpose.

I read that milk is a better suspension element than water

Water is a POOR benzo solvent and a POOR benzo suspension agent. It must NOT be used to dissolve nor to suspend benzo. Use water ONLY AFTER the drug has been dissolved by a solvent to make up the right volume.

Fat is a solvent for benzo. Fatty milk for instance will dissolve benzo.

Fat is a solvent for benzo. Fatty milk for instance will dissolve benzo.

Thanks so much for your patience, Jim.  How long would you leave the powdered Valium in the milk to insure that it dissolved?

For what I have read, if the milk is at room temperature it would be enough to leave the tablet in for 3-5 minutes. Then stir before use. If the milk comes directly from the fridge, the dissolution would require some more time. Let's say 7-10 minutes. That is for tablets. For powdered benzo, less time will be needed I guess. But I'm sure other buddies may have more personal valuable experiences to share.

Thanks so much, Jim Hawk.

What about Almond Milk if I can't tolerate regular milk?  Can the Valium be dissolved in almond milk and then taken in almond milk as a suspension?

thanks

Benzo is dissolved by fat contained in milk. Although almonds are 50% fat and high in calories, commercial almond milk is a low-calorie beverage with low fat. I have heard a number of buddies use Almond milk to dissolve benzo. I'm not sure about the result. I hope some will chime in and give us their feedback.

What was the reason behind your decision to not use Vodka as solvent?

Thanks so much, Jim Hawk.

What about Almond Milk if I can't tolerate regular milk?  Can the Valium be dissolved in almond milk and then taken in almond milk as a suspension?

thanks

Almond milk will work just fine. :)