Author Topic: NO short term user here ?????????????  (Read 8714 times)

[Buddie]

NO short term user here ?????????????
« on: November 27, 2013, 05:05:40 am »
I have been reading lots of post and Only found may be two short term user stories.    :( :( :( :'( :'( :'( :brickwall:

the only decent one I found was this http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=76225.msg1010288#msg1010288

I REALLY LIKE TO KNOW HOW LONG IS MY SUFFERING.  I ONLY USED KLONOPIN FOR 3 WEEKS ON AND OFF .25-.5 MG

I USED IT SHORT TERM BUT AM PAYING THE FULL PRICE.  THIS WAS NOT BY CHOICE I DID NOT KNOW CRAP ABOUT BENZOs
I never had any medical condition

I took Klonopin for 3 weeks as needed .5-.25 mg I started Oct 4th and stopped Oct 25th its been close to 30 days I am free of Benzos
I am having some really bad days and few ok days JUST OK DAYS then the symptoms creep up on me.  How long you think I can put this behind me
 1-2and week were pure hell the symptoms return but not as bad as 1st week. 

Stomach burning, gas, burps, growling and indigestion is the main complaint
Burning in the shins and legs are bad too

I start feeling sick after taking Klonopin for 1 week I do not know why I did not stop and because I did not know what Benzos were.  Now after taking Klonopin for less than 3 weeks I am going through Hell. Before I was not like this. Insurance paid $25000 worth of medical bills for all tests to be negative.  I had to pay $800 out of pocket for Co-Pays.  During this time I saw my doctor 10 times and went to ER 7 times.  I even donated blood thinking it was blood issue but it was not did not feel any better. 

what a waste of time.  I have spoken to 8 doctors tell me that my symptoms are not Benzo WDs.  I am in the same boat as you but I trust the people here more than I trust doctors.  If you keep going to them they going to ruin your future and give you Psycho label and make a never ending file out of it.  Becarefull what you tell these docs and stay away from ER because all they do will give you more Benzos. 

PLEASE chime in

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: NO short term user here ?????????????
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 05:11:25 am »
Hello, sorry to hear of your suffering.

If you were only on for 3 weeks the good news is you WILL recover. No one can tell you how long it would take but at 3 weeks I just can't see it taking too long?? Did you just stop taking them? Like cold turkey??

I have NEVER heard of anyone getting bad long term after 3 weeks use.

I hope you feel better soon!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 05:15:50 am »
Hello, sorry to hear of your suffering.

If you were only on for 3 weeks the good news is you WILL recover. No one can tell you how long it would take but at 3 weeks I just can't see it taking too long?? Did you just stop taking them? Like cold turkey??

I have NEVER heard of anyone getting bad long term after 3 weeks use.

I hope you feel better soon!

Oct 25th was last day and one 1mg dose of Ativan Nov 4th during ER visit. 
I am feeling so much [...] and agony, symptoms coming and going.  I only had two decent days but today and last night was so bad. Not as bad as 1st week.  I did stop C/T but I was only taking .25 mg.  I did not even know what Benzo's were.  I have  never taken any medication or drank any alcohol all my life. 

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 05:18:46 am »
Hi there,

Yes, it's true that you don't see many short-term users stick around for very long (there are exceptions of course).  This is because they heal relatively quickly, leave, and get on with their lives. In fact, most members, whether short, medium, or long-term users, leave with no fanfare when they are feeling better.  Most never post success stories, they just leave and are never heard from again.  I know this dismays some here, but it's only human nature, after all.

Don't worry--the symptoms you are having, as scary as they may be, are only temporary.  You will heal!

:thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 05:24:46 am »

I hope so I have not slept or had a normal life since Oct 4th when I took my first Benzo dose.   :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
So sick of this its been almost 30 days and I only had two ok days???

I am hurting. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 05:27:44 am »
There you go, listen to [...]!  :thumbsup:

Do you mind if I ask what they gave you Benzo's for?  You don't have to answer, just trying to relate. I was given them for Panic/Anxiety/Agoraphobia.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 06:16:51 am »
There you go, listen to [...]!  :thumbsup:

Do you mind if I ask what they gave you Benzo's for?  You don't have to answer, just trying to relate. I was given them for Panic/Anxiety/Agoraphobia.

Come on we all buddies here do not be like that you ask anything you want except my Social security Number.  I went to the doctor for Heart palpitations I had for a few days.  I wished I never went

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 07:25:42 am »
Hi USA,

I'm a short-term user and I'm still here.

I only took 7 X 5 mg and 1 X 2.5mg valium tablets over a period of 3 months. A total of 8 pills, 37.5 mg of valium in total.

I didn't know I was having interdose withdrawal until the last time I took a valium on 11th June 2013 and I haven't touched it since.

My symptoms were mild in comparison to most here, but they were significant - nausea, hot flushes, obsessive thoughts, anxiety, insomnia, constipation, prickly/stinging skin.

Now I'd say I'm about 80% better. Sleep is slowly returning and prickly/stinging skin flares up at night, still have a bit of constipation but all other symptoms are gone.

It's taken nearly 6 months for me to get to this point. 30 days isn't very long, so don't give up hope!

I believe you will heal and it seems that you're starting to get some windows.

I'd also like to add that I scoured this forum for stories of short-term users and I found plenty of stories of people who, like you, only used benzos for a few weeks. Not all of them healed quickly (many do, of course) so don't lose hope and think there's something wrong with you if you're not healed quickly. Different people heal in different time frames.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 07:37:42 am »
Hahah its okay i dont need your social security number :p

I wonder why they gave you benzo's for heart palps?? I guess it was for anxiety.. they seem to give them out tor virtualy everything!! Its madness.

You will get more windows and heal!

Cheers,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 11:53:05 am »
I was a short term user. Was on lorazepam for 3 weeks and stopped but Ihad withdrawall sx like Ihad been on for years. I should have stayed off and waited but I  reinstated thinking believing tapering would make me have no withdrawals.  I was wrong

Even scarier, before what lead up to the event of taking loraz, I took half a clonazepam once and just that through me into a withdrawal like state. It was gradual but I began feeling dr and dp, tachycardia, hover sleep and buzzing in my body and shivering. Yes you read right. Benzos are evil.

Basically I thought i was going crazy cause my doctors thoroughly convinced me. Well I went to the er a month later due to panic and funny sensations in my chest. While there I reluctantly accepted lorazepam though I should never have. I didn't know what else to do. Absolute night mare year. If when Iget through this, ill write for mad in america cause Ihave a story to tell about this evil shit, if they let me.

Anyway sorry I'm ranting