Black Mold Causing Anxiety?

[Th...]

Because I discovered the connection between low cholesterol and anxiety/depression: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=95577.msg1222929#msg1222929 ,  I decided to go on the hunt for anything else that might have been the cause of dads initial episode and/or continued increase in severity in conditions, excluding the obvious withdrawal and other meds. What I found is interesting, to me at least.

As I was sitting here at his desk I began to look around for any other possible clues I found nothing on his desk, in his paper work, or in the rest of the home, until I sat back down at his desk and looked up to God while taking a brake in his chair. As I looked at the very top of the ceiling corner a 1 ft. x 1 ft. dark patch on the wall/ceiling grabbed my attention. I turned on every light in the room, went and got a flash light then stood on a stool to see what it was. Disgustingly enough it was a very scary patch of black mold, probably from a leak in the roof somewhere. I immediately went to work, cleaned it/ killed it and its completely gone now.

I can't believe that for who knows how long that these deadly black mold spores have been drifting down into his breathing space. And of course you know what I did next.

Not sure what to think but apparently there is a connection between anxiety/depression and black mold: https://www.google.com/#q=Black+mold+causes+anxiety

Thought this info might be worthy of a post.

You did the right thing cleaning it although even just the act of cleaning can spread millions of spores so make sure you air the space out and use a food hepa vacuum to clean.

Are you certain it was mold? Dirt and grime can accumulate on cold spots or in areas of certain airflow.  Or does he use a candle?  If it was mold many times what is on the backside of the ceiling will be worse than what you saw on the front so you may need to look more. Good luck

recording my record and singing in black mold, i can safely say is one of the reason's i got back on benzo's when i had been off them for 7 years. it caused such a severe anxiety and poison within me. i don't know how i sang and finished that record and i probably shouldn't off.

I lived in a very old dusty house before this. I had just taken out an old terribly dirty rug from my room just a month or two before I went on benzos. Who knows what was in it but I noticed ever since that I felt not my best and a little off and more anxious. I really think this could very well be a co-factor for how this  all went down for me.

Honestly that house was a health hazard for more reasons than this but I had nowhere else to go for the time being.

Another factor Ifeel is I got badfood poisoning that could have killed me,  in the same time period as I removed the rug. It didn't kill me but I felt off from this as well.

I think definitely there are things like this that we don't even realize that can effect us that can lead ultimately to benzos

Are you certain it was mold?

Indeed it is black mold.

does he use a candle?

Nope no candles.

If it was mold many times what is on the backside of the ceiling will be worse than what you saw on the front so you may need to look more. Good luck

Thank you cirerecrem  :)

recording my record and singing in black mold, i can safely say is one of the reason's i got back on benzo's when i had been off them for 7 years. it caused such a severe anxiety and poison within me. i don't know how i sang and finished that record and i probably shouldn't off.

That's so unfortunate. I'll be bleaching, lysoling (and posting) all night I presume. Eliminating anything that may be contributing can only help. Thanks for sharing your experience prettydaisys.  :)