Diet causing Anxiety?

[c0...]

[c0...]

Hello again Jen here (TallCans Daughter),

I thought I would start a new thread so that this did not just get mixed in the other one. I was going through my dads blood tests from numerous Hospitals, Clinics, and Laboratories, and I discovered something that concerns me. He is in range and healthy in absolutely every single area except for his cholesterol level which is flagged as being low on all the tests. 

But I should give you some back story first...

Two or three months before his initial episode/ breakdown (which was about 9 months ago) he decided to go on an extreme diet. When i say extreme i mean Jack in the box junk food and soda for nearly 15 years straight, drinking little to no water i might add to absolutely no junk food, no sugar, no salt, nothing but water, a ton of wheat bread, granola bars and salad he lost weight drastically but felt great for the first month and a half of it.

Moments ago I began searching for a link between anxiety, depression etc and having low cholesterol. For example; https://www.google.com/#q=low+cholesterol+causes+anxiety&spell=1

Whats interesting is not one of the places that gave him blood tests ever mentioned anything about his low cholesterol, quite the opposite they said all of his blood was perfect.

I might also add he was a one pack a day menthol smoker for 20 years. Then quit cold turkey just a little over 1 year ago.

Could these issues be linked?

Thanks.

[c0...]

No we had never even heard of benzos until 9 months ago when this all started. In fact, the only reason he was given the benzos was to help him because he was in horrible condition with a BP of 210+ and the paramedics said it was a good thing we called 911 when we did. I rode with him in the ambulance and witnessed him having much more than anxiety.

Its just these cholesterol levels that are starting to get my attention.

I would ask his doctor about the cholesterol level and find some ways of getting it to the appropriate level. It can possibly improve it for him.

Once he is off benzos and healed, he should go back to how he was before taking these horrible pills. Why would they give him a benzo for it? Was he having a panic attack?