Author Topic: Just started my crossover  (Read 3659 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Crossover schedule
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2021, 03:09:39 am »
Also,

I was on 30mg Ambien for a couple months each night and was switched to Klonopin about a month ago.  Can I just switch to equivalent Valium without a crossover?

Currently on .75mg Klonopin per day.  .25mg in morning and .50mg at night.  I donít feel it working.

I used Valium for many years each night up till Mar 2021 and I thought it worked great.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2021, 03:32:21 am »
Also,

I was on 30mg Ambien for a couple months each night and was switched to Klonopin about a month ago.  Can I just switch to equivalent Valium without a crossover?

Currently on .75mg Klonopin per day.  .25mg in morning and .50mg at night.  I donít feel it working.

I used Valium for many years each night up till Mar 2021 and I thought it worked great.

I'm not sure I understand your question, I looked at your proposed taper schedule and while it's faster than we like to see, it can work unless it doesn't because of the short time you've given the Valium to build up.  Are you saying now you don't want to gradually taper in the Valium?

Being on Valium for several years makes no difference now, yes, you tolerated it well but if you switch back to it without letting it build up while discontinuing the Klonopin, you're going to feel symptoms. 
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2021, 03:52:01 am »
The problem is getting medication and my psychiatrist just wants to switch.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2021, 03:56:47 am »
I would just like an example schedule crossover for my .75 Klonopin twice a day. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2021, 12:53:02 pm »
You say your doctor won't support a crossover, do you have enough pills stashed to do it on your own?  I think your schedule looks good if you're on a short time frame, if you're not then I would increase the time you hold your dose to a week, not 3 days.

[Buddie]

Change from twice a day to once a day
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2021, 07:00:18 pm »
I currently take .5mg Klonopin in morning and .5mg Klonopin in the evening.

I have only taken medication at night time for sleep.

How can I easily change this to once per day? 

Iím gonna eventually crossover to valium soon.

I was on valium for 10 years until I was stupidly switch to Klonopin a month ago. 

Medication History

2012-Mar 2021
5-10mg Valium / Nightly - stopped C/T

3/21 - 09/21
5mg Ambien / Nightly

09/21 - Nov 15 2021
30mg Ambien / Nightly
(Experienced bad inter-dose withdrawals)

Nov 15, 2021
Admitted myself to a behavioral hospital to get stable. 

Nov 24 2021- Current 
1mg Klonopin .5mg AM / .5mg PM
300mg Gabapentin 3x a day
67.5mg Zoloft
50mg Trazodone

[Buddie]

Re: Change from twice a day to once a day
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2021, 10:51:34 pm »
I'd wait until you do the crossover to Valium, making this change now may cause you some distress.  If you're determined to do it some members will slowly change the time they take it by an hour every few days or weeks, they gradually bring the doses closer together.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2021, 11:00:15 pm »
I agree with [...] to consider waiting until you're on diazepam before combining your doses. I think clonazepam's average half-life is significant less than that of diazepam. I dosed 2x per day at 1mg/day and I intend to keep 2 doses per day during my direct clonazepam taper until I'm much closer to 0.125mg/day. I also think that dosing 2-3x per day is a good setup for a slow step-wise diazepam crossover.

I hope this helps.  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2021, 11:18:19 pm »
Sounds great thank you.

[Buddie]

Switching today. Nervous.
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2021, 10:20:52 pm »
Iíve been on Klonopin for one month at 1 mg per day.  .5mg in morning and .5mg at night.

I was at my doctors today and it looks like Iím just gonna switch over to the valium 20mg with no crossover. 

Does anybody have any suggestions or has anybody just directly switched?

Can I use gabapentin to help during this transition?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 10:36:01 pm by [Buddie] »