Author Topic: Just started my crossover  (Read 3657 times)

[Buddie]

Just started my crossover
« on: December 08, 2021, 01:03:18 am »
Has anybody switch from 1 mg of Klonopin over to Valium to start tapering? Has anybody done this without crossing over and just switching directly?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Crossover schedule
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 01:46:32 am »
Yes, I seen members attempt it but it can be painful because it can take weeks for Valium to fully build up and if you take away the Klonopin before the Valium has built up you're going to be left without coverage and go into withdrawal.  If you would like to communicate with members who have personal experience crossing over this is the group to talk to.  Valium Support Group
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 06:10:27 am »
I am on .75mg of Klonopin.  Next Monday I am switching to Valium. My psychiatrist told me to just use Gabapentin until the Valium fully kicks in.  Been on Klonopin daily for about 4 weeks

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 06:12:07 am »
I am on .75mg of Klonopin.  Next Monday I am switching to Valium. My psychiatrist told me to just use Gabapentin until the Valium fully kicks in.  Been on Klonopin daily for about 4 weeks

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 04:21:27 pm »
I havenít tried Gabapentine, but I just tried a cross over from 3.5 mg of Clonazepam to 60-70mg of Diazepam with no taper. Was GREATÖuntil my body ran out of Clonazepam before the Diazepam could reach full levels.
At only 4 weeks, and a relatively low dose, you should be ok. You can also ask about certain beta blockers like propranolol to help if you need it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 07:40:39 pm »
Has anybody switch from 1 mg of Klonopin over to Valium to start tapering? Has anybody done this without crossing over and just switching directly?
I agree with [...] my doc and psych gave me the ďlow doseĒ rationale and Iím glad I didnít follow it. I slowly crossed from .375 Ativan to 3.5 Valium and had minimal symptoms.
The psych even tried to put me on 6 mg Valium saying it would cover the Ativan wd, which wud have updosed me considerably and still not helped because it takes Valium weeks to cover it.
Also although I donít have experience with gaberpentan man bbs report itís hard to taper off.
Iím sure other bbbs can chime in and provide a crossover schedule for you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 09:19:25 pm »
Hi [...],
I'm glad you've heard from other buddies who've crossed. And also [...] who's very knowledgeable; the Valium support group which could have more feedback for you about rushed or sudden crosses and the challenges and distress that these have caused many other buddies.

Here's an example of a sudden crossover to diazepam from clonazepam...
http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=263352

Are you familiar with the Ashton Manual?
Would you like help planning a step-wise crossover?
I think even two steps are better than one.

Let us know how we can help.  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 11:57:45 pm »
Do you have an example crossover.

I take .25mg K in the Morning and .50mg k at night.

I also take 150 mg of gabapentin three times a day.

I want a quick transition but not so quick weíre I canít function.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2021, 01:00:12 pm »
This is an example of a slow withdrawal from 1.5 mgs of Klonopin to Valium, you could halve the schedule to accommodate your situation.  If that's still too long for you then you can modify it however you wish.  My suggestion would be to allow enough time for the Valium to build up before making another substitution so you won't get hit with severe symptoms but in the end, its your taper and we just want to give you the benefit of our experience, not tell you what to do.  :)

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s5

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2021, 01:27:40 am »
I currently take .75mg Klonopin

.25mg Morning
.50mg Night

Does the below schedule look ok for crossing over to Valium?

First Day
Morning - 2.5mg Klonopin
Night - .25mg Klonopin / 5mg Valium

* Hold for 3 days

4th Day
Morning - 2.5mg Klonopin
Night - 10mg Valium

* Hold for 3 days

7th Day
Morning - .125mg Klonopin / 2.5mg Valium
Night -10mg Valium

* Hold for 3 days

10th Day

Morning - 5mg Valium
Night - 10mg Valium

Hold for 4 weeks