Fear at work

[Ro...]

I went back to work yesterday and had to leave, contact my MD, and let her know I went back too soon. Am I ever going to feel better? Will I ever get back to my prebenzo work self?! I’m feeling so defeated. 😞

You're so soon off of benzo's I'm not surprised you feel as bad as you do.  I went back to work three weeks after my cold turkey and it was rough, I had fear and paranoia too, along with a myriad of other symptoms so I know how tough it is. 

After awhile I found that work actually helped me distract from my symptoms, I still felt them of course but working made the time pass faster than sitting at home focusing on my symptoms, I actually dreaded weekends.

I hope you can find a way to return to work soon, I feel it will help you, I developed tools to help me get through the day and I'm sure you will too when the time is right to go back.

The cog fog and lack of organizational thought is debilitating! I can’t even do simple house tasks. Did this last a while for others?

I was challenged mentally as well but I made lists to keep me functioning, plus I was able to take work home with me.  I confided in 2 of my co-workers about what I was going through and they were very protective and helped take some of the heat that came my way.  I moved slowly and had difficulty speaking but somehow made it through without anyone finding out how debilitated I was. 

There is a support group you can post to for people who are currently working while going through this process, maybe you can get some tips from them. http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=206931.0