Zolpidem addiction

[zo...]

Hi I'm from Portugal. I take bezos but my problem is my addiction to Zolpidem. I'm on 30mg a day with severe anxiety.

Here goes my story: I had a depression I was prescribed several medications over the last 25 years, I'm now on 20 mg of Prozac, 1 mg of Xanax, and 30 mg of Valium and tring to taper my 30 mg of zolpidem,

It might not seem much but i have anxiety on a ongoing basis, and by law my doctor cant provide me with no more then 3, 20 pills prescriptions ofZolpidem a month, this makes my tapering strict and very difficult.

I'm here to share my journey get some suport and advice how to manage this,

thank you all

Hello zolpidem104, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Oh my, I remember well the anxiety the Zolpidem gave me, and the interdose withdrawal was terrible, do you take yours during the day or only at night?  We can help you taper, have you considered crossing over to Valium since you're already taking Valium, the longer half life would be much easier on you.

I'll give you some links to get you started but feel free to post wherever you feel comfortable, we're here to help.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Tank yoy so much. At the moment my doctor says I'm on the limit of my Valium intake. I'm tapering the Zolpidem and adding some Valium here or there as I need it. But I fell I just have push through.

I understand, many of our members will reduce the Zolpidem by about 10% every week or two depending on their symptoms, how much are you reducing by, its important to be consistent whatever you do, our brains crave this.

Hello zolpidem104,

Sorry about your anxiety, it is a cruel thing that these drugs give us more anxiety.

Glad you're here, welcome to Benzo Buddies. I am tapering from zolpidem also, a slow taper as you can see in my signature.

How is your sleep now? I found that my sleep was terrible for several years and added things to it to help me sleep but now that I am tapering I actually sleep better. I've heard that from others too.

I've found that learning about ways to quiet myself down in the evening has been the key to me tapering. I was so scared at first and thought I'd never sleep but I have a routine that includes going offline and away from external stimuli to be relaxed and quiet before bed, along with a bath and low lights. I also walk every day and get up early to help me fall asleep at night.

Think this through so you can have the most success. You can do this AND find your way to less anxiety! Are you getting support for the difficulties in your life? I feel like coming here most days is like a daily med in a way. I like being connected to others who have managed their tapers and aren't giving their lives to these drugs. We are strong and courageous and there is not a lot of support outside of here that I've seen.

Folks here understand. Keep reaching out and asking questions!

Here are a couple more links you may want to explore.

Cheers,

Kachina

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=97331.0  Topic: Z-Drug Support Group (Lunesta, Imovane, Zimovane, Ambien, Sonata, Zopiclone)

Insomnia Insomnia

Hi Kachina,

That's some impressive tapering you got there. How do you manage the pills for such low dosages. I have heard o tapering kits and such.

I agree with you that coming to the forums can be a sort of med. A way not to feel so alone and depressed. My, family has lost all patience with me and can't understand my pain. It's a burden to get the prescription and a source of discussions.

Hey Zolpi,

Sorry I was out of town! Thanks for being impressed with my taper, lolol!!! Well, my Rx was written for 10mg but I got it in 2 5mg pills per day ... so they are elongated shaped, sort of like a seed, and I cut a very tiny piece off to get the right amount. It's worked for me so far! But, as others have also said, I don't tell my doctor exactly what I am doing, just that I wanted to reduce ... then when I see him I tell him I reduced but always being sure I have enough and he won't push me in to a corner! He is a kind and reasonable doctor but the one before wanted me to stop in 2 weeks!

Now my Rx is for 5mg.

What size and shape are your pills? How's it going?

Sorry your family isn't great support. Where do you get support? Is it your family or origin (parents and siblings) or spouse/kids?

Hello Kachina,

My pills are the normal ones not the rx version, I don't even know if those are available in my country. Mine are poudery when cut and it's of no avail to try to cut them in quarters.  :-\

Zolp,

Oh, well, have you found a way to taper? So you're are small round pills I'm guessing.

How's it going? Did you find another thread and more support?

KB

Zolp,

If your pills are powdery and dissolve easily, you could try a liquid taper. I am doing a liquid taper from 4 mh of Xanax. I dissolve 2 mg pills in 200 ml of water and that equals 1 ml = .01 mg Xanax. I use a measuring cup to draw up the water, then I pour it into a water bottle and dissolve my pill in there. I pour some of my solution into the measuring cup at dose time and use a syringe to draw up my dose. Then I squirt my dose into a shot glass and drink it. I pour what's left back into the water bottle for later. I waste nothing as I never know if I am going to lose my Rx. I have only been tapering 5.5 weeks but it's going well so far. My biggest symptom is insomnia. I got spotty sleep in short bursts.

I am not an expert on tapering but my method allows me to control the ml/mg I take in right down to the last .01 mg per day when I will jump.

I am glad you're here. Keep us posted as to how you choose to taper and how you're doing. I'm sorry about the lack of family support. That's tough. The good news is, there is lots of support here at BB and people who are happy to help AND we need your support too :)

Take Care,

HM