Seizing

[Sc...]

My benso addiction started when I was 12 after my father being arrested.the years after that were filled with so much more very traumatic events that I have developed intense ptsd Through the past 20 years I have been in and out of the hospital 3 times for having seizures in which one case I was at work cracked my head open and bleed all over the place. The ambulance took me away. That seizure affected my job security there and now I am no longer working there. It’s a slippery slope with this drug and it is one hell of a monkey on my back. I have been clean and sober many times through the years but times where I’m mentally breaking, the pills are back. So much more to this I can tell you but I’m sure you all can relate and know what it is. Thank you for your time

Hello ScMagnolia7, welcome to BenzoBuddies,

We understand how terrible these drugs are and how difficult they are to withdraw from, both physically and mentally.  I'm sorry to hear they've caused you so much trouble in your life, its so important to address the reasons why we were put on the pills as we're withdrawing from them so we can avoid using them as a crutch in the future.

Can you tell us what dose you're on now and what drug, we suggest a 5-10% reduction every week or two depending on your symptoms.

You can do this, it will be difficult but you know this but this time you'll have our support, it really helps.  I'll give you some links to help you navigate the forum but be sure to ask questions, we're here to help.

Pamster

The Ashton Manual

Planning your taper (Taper Plans)

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Hi Seizing,

Welcome to the group. I don't know how you feel, but I remember I was scared and lost and confused when I found this site. How to live without these meds? Especially in the face of legitimate reasons to use them.

Please feel invited to explore and, like Pamster said, tell us more about what's going on with you. You can create a signature so we can see it there if you like.

Add your history/signature Add your history/signature

There is a PTSD support group you can check out:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=219961.0

Also, look through the support groups and maybe find some of interest:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=147.0

Cheers, KB