I have a horrible time trying to sleep, and I don't want medication to help :)

[Re...]

I want to thank everyone again for the warm welcome :)

I am down to 1mg Klonopin, and am having a horrible time trying to sleep  :(  I have tapered before, and always have a really rough time during the last part of the taper. Is there something I am not doing right? Any suggestions? I just really don't want to take medication for this. If I did, I would probably just make a bad habit out of it, which is not good.

Thanks in advance,

Rey

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with sleep. I understand how hard that is. What has helped me is warm baths, warm milk, bananas, cashews/almonds, warm chamomile tea, and the smell of lavendar. Some have used melatonin or benadryl, it works for some but has given others bad reactions. I hope some of these things help you. Hope you get some great rest soon!

I'm so sorry you are having difficulty sleeping, Rey.  Is it trouble getting to sleep, staying asleep or both?  I would have to say insomnia is one of my 2 most long-lasting symptoms (tinnitus being the other).  Be sure to check out the old threads here on the Insomnia board where people have discussed what has or has not helped them with their sleep.  Here is a link to one of those threads about the Sleep Tracks program:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=18338.0

Have you tried or thought about titration? My sleep and symptoms improved at the end of my taper by not shocking my body with dry cutting. The smoothness and difference  of a titration  taper was very noticeable. If I were to compare the two (dry cut vs titration) I would compare dry cutting to sliding down a set of stairs on your bum, and titration to sliding down a slide ( with your bum  :laugh:).

Just a thought because I know how tough no sleep is. That is something I never want to visit again    :pokey: