Sleep Tracks for non drug sleep help

[Te...]

Hi Buddies

Insomnia has become my worst symptom. I have tried many different over the counter and prescription sleep aids with limited success. Based on the success a few other buddies have had

with the Sleep Tracks sleep program I have purchased it for $4.95 (14 day trial) if it works and you keep it they bill you for an additional $73.00. The program has several different music CD

that you listen to. One is to reprogram your brain for sleep, one for going to sleep, one for if you wake to put you back to sleep, one for napping, one for anxiety. Supposedly it works with

brain wave technology to reprogram you brain clock so you can eventually sleep without using the tapes. Would be great if it truly is a non drug solution to insomnia.

I will post the results after I give it a good try!

Teakettle

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Te...]

• [el...]

• [ra...]

• [ma...]

I bought this program back when I had problems, and I still love it. Have mentioned it on this forum many times over the years. Good stuff.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Teakettle!

I bought this program back when I had problems, and I still love it. Have mentioned it on this forum many times over the years. Good stuff.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Teakettle!

When Did you mention this to me???  :D

I bought this program back when I had problems, and I still love it. Have mentioned it on this forum many times over the years. Good stuff.  :thumbsup:

Thanks Teakettle!

When Did you mention this to me???  :D

I"m sure I did, you probably were too tired to remember.  :laugh:

Hey Buddies!

Maybe its to soon to judge but I think I got some relief after two nights of trying the program. The get to sleep tape helped. 90 minuets latter I woke. Played the whole night get back to sleep tape

and made it through the night not great but better that laying there sleepless. I will keep on trying the program. The one thing that seems to help as my wife the medical person she be said staying

up to 11:00 helps reset your mind clock and get you better sleep. I guess its late night movies for me until that mind clock resets!

Teakettle

Hello Buddies

News Flash!!!! If you suffer from insomnia & or want to get off your sleep med. Try sleep tracks! The brain wave technology does retrain your brain to sleep. Each night for 4 nights now my sleep has

improved. I have taken less and less sleep meds and soon will be trying nothing but the sleep tracks. I will keep trying the program and report on long term gains. We will see if this has lasting effects.

Teakettle

Thanks for the tip, Teakettle.  I am looking forward to

hearing more about your success in dealing with this

unpleasant nuisance.  Does the brain wave entrainment

stuff worsen dp/dr?

Rob

Hi Romansandals

I only know that the brain waive technology is real (many comments on internet) and does help with anxiety & insomnia. I would guess that it helps our brains in general to heal back to a normal

calm state. You could only try and see if it helps with the other symptoms of withdrawl. I have been using it through out the day & night in the hope that it helps with the brain healing.

Hey it's only $4.95 to try it for 60 days. For next to switching from dry cuts to titration its the next best thing I have learned about on Benzo Buddies!

Have a good day Romansandals

Teakettle

Hi Teakettle,

Thanks for the reply.  The price sounds fair, especially if it helps.  I have bought several Cd's with similar technology from the

Delta Sleep System, but was reluctant to use them during the early days when the ole cog fog was daily.  Your post reminded

me about them, so maybe it's time to give them a try. 

Wishing you nothing but success,

Rob

Thanks for this info Teakettle.

Please keep us updated on your progress and if it all seems good, then I might invest.  My problem is waking up too early, so if Sleep Tracks can help with that then I'm in.  I also like the sound of the bonus anxiety tape.  Have you tried that?  If so, what were you thoughts? because anxiety is crippling me at the moment.

Cheers,

B

Hello Buddies

My latest adventure in sleep therapy is at bed time to have my ipod play the sleep tracks insomnia buster tape, followed by a hypnosis sleep tape (puts you to sleep), followed by a sleep tracks fall asleep tape, followed the whole night sleep tracks tape which plays over and over all night long. If I wake up during the night I just continue to listen to the whole night tape. During the day I listen to the anxiety tape, a hypnosis sleep tape(does not put you to sleep just teaches your mind how) and the sleep tracks insomnia buster tape (prepares your mind for sleep. I am following the suggestions of the sleep tapes program by staying up till about 11:00 (peak sleep inducing time) and getting some exercise by walking during the day. About an hour before bed time I take a hot

shower (helps your body temp to drop before sleep time inducing sleep). I need to remember to charge my I pod every day with all this battery drain I am putting on it.  I am also now following TC's idea of taking my Klonopin dose 40/60. The largest portion in the pm to help with sleep. Supposedly these brain waive technology tapes cause more blood flow to the brain.

Teakettle

Hello Buddies

In my quest to find a non drug solution to insomnia I have had success with the following.

Using my ipod when I go to bed I listen to the following sequence of recordings. Sleep tracks insomnia buster, Paul Mckenna sleep hypnosis, sleep tracks fall asleep, sleep tracks whole night (plays

over and over all night) I set the volume on low so I can just hear the hypnosis tape. This has been good at putting me to sleep. When (not if) I wake at night I start the whole sequence over at the

hypnosis recording and it puts me back to sleep. At worst these tapes make it easier to get through the night. At best they claim to retrain our brains back to a normal sleep cycle. I have also been following the tips in the Paul Mckenna book "I can make you sleep" and the tips in sleep tracts (very similar).  Hope this helps!

Teakettle

Hello Buddies

Well here is the latest up date on my adventures with using technology to improve my sleep.

I have purchased a pair of "SleepPhones" Pajamas for your ears which is a cloth head band with speakers in it. The "SleepPhones" eliminates the discomfort of ear buds. You can sleep on your side.

I have been using a sequence on my ipod with the SleepPhones that has been great at consistently putting me to sleep and getting me back to sleep. Recently I have woken up about 3 time each night and the system has worked to put me back to sleep. The sequence on my ipod consists of Sleep tracks insomnia buster (kind of a sleep programing brain wave technology), a sleep hypnosis,

sleep tracts fall a sleep, Sleep tracks whole night (plays over and over all night). The first Sleep tracks (insomnia buster trains conditions and trains your brain for sleep), the hypnosis puts me to sleep, the sleep tracts fall a sleep also pushes me into a sleep state and the whole night provides brain wave technology sound while I sleep. I do wake after about 2 1/2 hours which is probably

a sleep cycle and at that point I just go back to the hypnosis and fall back to sleep.  Hope this helps you buddies with any sleep problems you may have!

Teakettle

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Teakettle,

Is this the same one you are using? If not, what's the name of it so I can find it.

Healthy sleep fall asleep easily, sleep more deeply, sleep through the night, wake up refreshed 

by Weil, Andrew.

Thanks,

ican

Hi icandothis

***********VERY HELPFUL********       ***********THE BEST THING FOR INSOMNIA*********    **********BETTER THAN DRUGS***********

I have been using my ipod with earbuds to listen to a sequence of sleep inducing music! The sequence is Sleep Tracts insomnia buster, Paul Mckena "I can make you sleep (sleep hypnosis),

Sleep Tracts fall asleep, Sleep Tracts whole night( entered multiple times on ipod so it plays over & over all night long).

The sequence puts me to sleep! When I wake up (now I only wake up about 2x/night) I just start the sequence over and bingo back to sleep!

I have stopped all sleep drugs,over the counter sleep aids, herbs etc.

The Sleep Tracts system uses brain wave technology to retrain your brain to sleep naturally. It works!!!!!!!!! I am still dependent on the ipod/sleep tracts system at this point to get to sleep.

Ultimately the program claims to get you to the point where you do not need it any more to sleep.

Several other Buddies have used the hypnosis and or the sleep tracts with success. The combination of the two is wonderful.

The Sleep Tracts System comes with two anxiety busting cds which I use during the day to calm my mind and reduce anxiety!

Feel free to ask any questions of me if I can be of any help!

Teakettle

Hi Teakettle,

I've never been able to fall asleep with the TV or the radio on, would this system work for me when I have one of those nights where I have difficulty getting to sleep?

Thanks,

Pam

Hi Pamster2

I do not know. The program claims to help most people (for a small number it does not work). The program says that some get results in a week or so and many must use it for a month

to start seeing results. For me and Gman747 it has started showing results in about a week and gets better the more we use it. I use it every night like my teddy bear. Would not even

think of going to bed without it. One night I could not find my ipod and panic set in (did find it)!

I have never been able to sleep with the radio or TV on. I have used the fan before trying sleep tracts for white noise and to cool me if I get sweaty. I still use the fan. The sleep tracts is kind of like a low humming sound with an little dog bark and hoot once in a while. The hypnosis cd is guy talking to you about relaxing and sleep stuff until you are hypnotized into a light trance.

The sleep tracts costs $4.95 for a 14 day free trial. You down load the stuff to your ipod. If you are not totally satisfied you can cancel and pay no more. You still have all the stuff and can try it latter if you feel like it. The hypnosis book and cd costs about $27.00 and no refunds (the book is ok the cd is right on good!).

Sleep Tracks was a big help. At first I kept trying things like the rozerem sleep med and herbs. Then I came to the conclusion that any thing that messes with our minds is not helpful to my recovery. So I chucked the rozerem & herbs.

When I added the sleep hypnosis cd  in combination with sleep tracts the results were excellent. Not perfect, but sure beat looking at the clock all night. That did scare me not sleeping at all

when I was dry cutting to fast.

Now using my ipod and a sequence of sleep tracks,hypnosis,sleep tracks over and over all night (just enter the cd about 8 times so it keeps  playing) I go to sleep shortly after the hypnosis

cd and the sleep tracts, well last night I went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 2:30. Started the whole sequence again and fell back to sleep again after the hypnosis cd.

Some time when I wake early in the morning I do not go back to sleep, say 4:00 but just close my eyes and sort of dream & hear the sleep tracks all night cd.

The brain wave technology simulates our natural brain waves and supposedly heals your brain. Do not know if it actually heals but it is the best thing I have found for insomnia.

Sleep Tracks comes with an anxiety busting cd that I listen to on my ipod during the day to calm me down. Works but not quite as much as the sleep stuff.

Hey for me $4.95 was worth a try! Maybe I make it sound to good, maybe its just I am so relieved to be able to get through the night and not be tired the next day!

Hope I was of help to you Pamster!

P.S. SHAKE,SHAKE,SHAKE? see you at the Moderator Club house!

Teakettle

Thanks Teakettle, when you said you weren't accustomed to going to sleep with the TV or radio, I felt confident it could work for me too.  My issues are not benzo related, more hormonal at this point in my life, sorry TMI.  :-[  I think I'll give it a try.  :thumbsup: 

As for the shake, shake, shake, believe me, you don't want to see that happen!  :o  :laugh:

Tea,

I can't find the original post about this, so I'm posting here. I think that week of insomnia I had was caused by a wave of anxiety/fear/panic s/x. The day those symptoms let up, I slept like a rock that night. I have been sleeping really good since then too. So...I'm going to hold off on any sleep aids unless it comes back as true insomnia. But I'm keeping positive and believing it won't come back  ;)

Thanks so much for the info and your support!

ican

Hello Buddies

Sleep Tracts/Hypnosis cd update!  Just for the heck of it. Being the lab rat I be! Last three nights I tried sleeping with nothing! No I had my PJ's, I mean the Sleep Tracts/Hypnosis stuff!

Results= Went to bed at 9:30, Estimate sleep time by 10:00 or sooner. Woke about 2:30, went back to sleep/light dreaming not as deep as earlier in the evening. woke at 5:00.

Not bad! Was not to long ago I was laying in bed staring at the clock! Now maybe its my supper clean Teakettle life style/Titration, but I will give the sleep music/Sleep Tracts/Hypnosis a thumbs up!

My plan now is to sleep with no aid's and only use the sleep tracts system if I hit a rough patch!

Teakettle

so you didn't use the tracks and still slept?? great!  I'm over my last bit of insomnia but will deff use sleep tracks next time it comes visiting.

Hey everyone!  I was told that certain programs only work when using headphones because of the fact that different tones are produced in each ear. I would like my spouse to be able to hear this as well. On the other hand, I was told that you also need to have a certain hertz if downloaded onto an ipod. There are so many programs and factors.

What does everyone recommend. I can fall asleep now at 10 and sleep till 4...not bad but the sleep does not seem real good. I would like to become more proactive if it gets worst. Where do you start? Sleep-phones? Where do you get those. I am really interested. Please let me know BB. You are the greatest.

Raresplitwindow 

Hi raresplitwindow

The sleeptracks/hypnosis system that I am or was using ( I am sleeping better now so I am not using until I need it) can be used with speakers in the room so all persons can hear the sleep inducing stuff or with ear buds. I have been very impressed with how I was able to go from no sleep to sleeping with just one wakening/night. I keep my ipod at the ready so if sleep is a problem I can restart the therapy! If you want a second opinion I think Gman747 has also had good success with the sleep tracts.

Teakettle