Has anyone tried microdosing with psilocybin?

[dd...]

Am seeing a lot of great stuff on You Tube about this....and there are several books published by prominent Dr.'s....apparently microdosing  keeps you from having a "trip", but reduces depression, anxiety and improves motivation....so was wondering if anyone has tried this....?

Yes I have... it didn't take away my main symptoms though. It may have helped the depression I was feeling a little but since the headaches and tinnitus were overpowering everything at the time, I decided to stop. I also tried microdosing LSD which was a little better in regards to energy but I wasn't ready for it. I will try again... just not sure when as of yet.

Check out The Goop Lab on Netflix. The first segment is on micro-dosing psychedelics under supervision for anxiety and depression. I have never done this, not recommending anyone do so, just passing on where you can learn more about it.

Am seeing a lot of great stuff on You Tube about this....and there are several books published by prominent Dr.'s....apparently microdosing  keeps you from having a "trip", but reduces depression, anxiety and improves motivation....so was wondering if anyone has tried this....?

I'm wondering the same... good question. Thanks for posting.

Doesn't seem to help me. It works on serotonin which I have problems messing around with. I know of people it has helped. I do much better with ketamine lozenges/IV (prescribed legally).

i always wanted to try microdosing with psilocybin. i heard that it was also good for neuro repair.

i just don't know where i would get some  psilocybin? does anyone know?

I just finished reading a book about psilocybin and found it fascinating.  I won't try it since I'm closing in on the last of my taper.  Still  it seems very promising for psych issues in supervised controlled dosing.

• 3 weeks later...
Have heard about this, but not for coming off benzos or as a withdrawal strategy.  Personally, I am coming of benzos without adding unsupervised other drugs.  Because I seriously don’t want to confuse my brain, even with good intentions.  I won’t know if it’s the WD or the added drug or what causing the issue.  Even CBD ramped up my anxiety.  THC caused a panic attack.  And I also have huge issues with anything that alters seratonin.  I think it’s wise to keep your brain at rest, not give it new drugs etc to figure out.  Just my thoughts. 

Have heard about this, but not for coming off benzos or as a withdrawal strategy.  Personally, I am coming of benzos without adding unsupervised other drugs.  Because I seriously don’t want to confuse my brain, even with good intentions.  I won’t know if it’s the WD or the added drug or what causing the issue.  Even CBD ramped up my anxiety.  THC caused a panic attack.  And I also have huge issues with anything that alters seratonin.  I think it’s wise to keep your brain at rest, not give it new drugs etc to figure out.  Just my thoughts.

Ditto  :D :D :D

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Following.

My husband is involved in a professional capacity in researching the micro-dosing of psilocybin, used in a tincture form, to help people wean off psychiatric drugs. He's currently supervising a woman in tapering off her antidepressant in this way, and she seems to be doing extremely well. But it's early days yet, and we know that people are biochemically very different....

Looks promising, however.

Following.

My husband is involved in a professional capacity in researching the micro-dosing of psilocybin, used in a tincture form, to help people wean off psychiatric drugs. He's currently supervising a woman in tapering off her antidepressant in this way, and she seems to be doing extremely well. But it's early days yet, and we know that people are biochemically very different....

I bought the spores for ''Golden teacher'' psilocybin online due to reading up the original thread I linked on here I really wanted to try micro dosing, but then backed out of using them after Chamomile tea and CBD oil made me feel like I was super dying  :D I still have them  ( why I don't know to be honest) and they can still be grown BUT...I'm too shit scared to try it even eating  food cripples me up or expedites my symptoms and their already many and very severe  :( 

Following.

I bought the spores for ''Golden teacher'' psilocybin online due to reading up the original thread I linked on here I really wanted to try micro dosing, but then backed out of using them after Chamomile tea and CBD oil made me feel like I was super dying  :D I still have them  ( why I don't know to be honest) and they can still be grown BUT...I'm too shit scared to try it even eating  food cripples me up or expedites my symptoms and their already many and very severe  :( 

Nova, I haven't tried it yet, either. Yep, too shit scared, for now.  ;)  CBD oil makes me psychotic.... I'll let you know if and when I do decide to take the plunge!

Wild

💕

Following.

Nova, I haven't tried it yet, either. Yep, too shit scared, for now.  ;)  CBD oil makes me psychotic.... Heck, too many things do that, these days. I'll let you know if and when I do decide to take the plunge!

Wild

💕

Cool  :thumbsup: I thought about it AFTER I posted, well questioned myself as to why I've held onto the spores answer? Because I feel that in the future micro dosing would be beneficial once the hypersensitivities some other symptoms,  and the FEAR of effing myself up and the food sensitivities dissipate.  Anyway regarding food sensitivities I back off certain things that DEFINITELY effect me worse than others although all  eating is NOT fun anyway as it still effects the CNS which is responsible for EVERYTHING to do with bodily functions from A to Z that's why others have noticed they rev up after eating just about everything and I'm the same ::)

So I eat as you have to eat or die after so long and put up with the CNS carnage while eating, and after while I try the foods that were the worst offenders and sometimes their OK to resume again others its going to take year's if ever before I can eat them again  :-\

• 2 weeks later...

Following.

Does your husband think it could help with the long protracted after effects of benzo/z-drug withdrawal?

I'm almost 5 years off of long term prescribed z-drug use and I'm a wreck with near chronic anxiety.  It never leaves me and it's slowly killing me. I wasn't like this before tapering and stopping the use of z-drugs for about 18 years.

Please ask your husband if this might be a useful treatment and if he knows of any trial programs where we might get supervised use of psilocybin.

Following.

Does your husband think it could help with the long protracted after effects of benzo/z-drug withdrawal?

I'm almost 5 years off of long term prescribed z-drug use and I'm a wreck with near chronic anxiety.  It never leaves me and it's slowly killing me. I wasn't like this before tapering and stopping the use of z-drugs for about 18 years.

Please ask your husband if this might be a useful treatment and if he knows of any trial programs where we might get supervised use of psilocybin.

Nathan, I'm really sorry for your suffering. I get it about the anxiety...I have it too, 24/7.

My husband says the jury is still out. There are certainly anecdotal and early scientific reports of beneficial effects, but also a fair number of reports of an increase in anxiety. The results might depend on multiple factors: for example, an underlying mineral imbalance (correctable) in the user, adrenal strength, dosage, etc. So it's hard to predict or generalize, until we know more.

But scientific studies are increasing:

https://harmreductionjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12954-019-0308-4

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2018-07-psychedelic-microdosing-ease-anxiety-sharpen.html

Dosage is important, as explained in the sample links above (people often start with 0.1 grams and go up to 0.2), and then use it over a period of time, usually 3 times a week, or every 3 days. A minority of users takes a dose once a week only.

We're in South Africa, so not able to advise about trial programs in the US. But this might give you some legal leads:

https://psychedelic.support/resources/how-to-join-psychedelic-clinical-trial/

Hang in there, Nathan. I might want to trial it myself, once I'm further out, but I fear I'm still too unstable. We'll get there. Wishing you the very best.

• 5 months later...

This seems to be a hot topic with lots of promise so I wanted to post:

Been off Benzos for 16 months. Tried a microdose of golden teachers the other day. .05 grams which is considered 1/2

Lowest microdose. For me this amount was not a microdose but a very therapeutic dose. No hallucinations or scary stuff.

Actually a beautiful experience that virtually eliminated my depression and really curbed my anxiety.

My mind is a little blown as to how this can be so effective

However I did find that it revved up my benzo healing symptoms and it's taken me a little longer to get back to normal.

If you decide to experiment start with a tiny microdose first.

Like way less than anyone says online. That way you'll be able to see how it effects you.

Overall for me life changing positive results from only 1 very tiny dose.

Great conversation. My therapist is a member of a collective of mental health providers whom want to see it decriminalized for therapeutic use. In the USA, the process of decriminalization starts with numerous trials, then FDA approval as  a medication, then decriminalization.

However, states can put decriminalization on their ballots, as has been done with marijuana. Some states are moving in this direction.

It was used as a therapy for many people before becoming criminalized. My uncle , who was a therapist, used it and Ecstasy as well in his practice.

https://www.vulture.com/2017/06/cary-grants-lsd-therapy-the-inside-story.html

https://www.ranker.com/list/celebrities-who-owe-careers-to-substances/jacob-shelton

(Bill Gates and Steve Jobs are on this limited list)

I anticipate using it experimentally, with my therapist if possible, once I am off my stupid psych drugs and stable for anxiety and related issues which got me on these drugs in the first place.  I strongly discourage anyone from using them while still tapering, or even soon after coming of your z drug. The brain is still very destabilized, and outcomes are completely unpredictable. When even an antihistamine can cause a wave, it's not the time to try this. Wait until post taper if you anticipate this is something you would like to try. And, look for a therapeutic environment over a recreational one to get the best outcome and have a professional support person with you in case it goes bad.

This article on the therapeutic use of serotonergic psychedelics, such as psilocybin and LSD just came out in Psychology Today:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-athletes-way/202009/is-your-brain-s-5-ht2a-receptors-lsd-or-psilocybin

Yes I have... it didn't take away my main symptoms though. It may have helped the depression I was feeling a little but since the headaches and tinnitus were overpowering everything at the time, I decided to stop. I also tried microdosing LSD which was a little better in regards to energy but I wasn't ready for it. I will try again... just not sure when as of yet. You can PM me if you like / need more information as there isn't much love here for illegal substance use; beneficial or not.

As to BB being cautious about discussing illegal drugs, we take that position to avoid having to become experts in fields outside of Benzo's. The same applies to alchoholism. Our focus and area of study is purposely confined to benzo with draw and healing.  We do not want illicit drug use of any kind promoted, or prescribed and or/suggested as a therapy, however, discourse is welcome. You can talk about it. Additionally, scholarly articles are welcomed. It is a fine line to cross. I read through all the posts, and even added my own, as a moderator I see no violation in this thread of our policy regarding medications/illegal drugs, except for this one asking people to PM Coley for more information. I have no doubt it was well intentioned, but it does violate our general guidelines. Here are our guidelines on the topic:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=25835.0

Guidelines & Rules Regarding the Use and Promotion of Medicines and Drugs

Our aim is to allow members the freedom to properly describe their full and true situation, but at the same time prevent overly florid descriptions of illicit, recreational or abusive drug use that have the potential to cause the wider membership harm or distress.

Since most of our members have dependency/addiction issues with benzodiazepines, and our stated mission is to help them quit, we must disallow content that discourages them from this goal, or encourages behaviour that might lead to a new dependency or addiction. Therefore:

Do not promote illegal drug use. Nor should you describe drug paraphernalia, exalt positive experiences, or glorify their use. Please keep descriptions factual and dispassionate.

Do not promote the abuse (or illegal or inappropriate use) of medicines.

Do not promote addictive (or habit forming) substances as withdrawal adjunctives.

With the above points and guidance in mind, you may discuss your use of medicines and illicit drugs as they pertain to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal. Additionally, please understand that because our focus is benzodiazepine withdrawal, the collective knowledge of our membership about drugs and medicines other than benzodiazepines will be limited. You should not expect, nor engage in, detailed support-orientated discussions about drugs or medicines other than benzodiazepines.