Long hold

[Mi...]

How do u know when to do a long hold?

In June of last year I did a huge cut triple of what I cut! (I know) it was a mistake I went through horrible sxs instantly for about 3 months then got better && then better however not back to my baseline :( any small cut kills me if I continue to cut the rate I’m going it’s will take me 4 years to taper off on top of the 2 I have already done :( advise plz ty

Hi Maliliana,

I do not have any experience of the drugs you're on but my view is that tapering is more of a marathon than a sprint race. If it takes you 4 years then it takes you 4 years. You should not be ashamed or discouraged by it.

In my case I tapered zopiclone from 5.63mg to 2mg in about 4 weeks but now have hit a brick wall and know I will need to hold on to 2mg until my symptoms get better.

I was also on valium but my gp cold-turkeyed me and I got a nasty tinnitus out of it that I probably will have to live with for the rest of my life...

So... pace yourself, take your time.

SG

Hi Mia,

There is a Long Holding support group on BB.

You may want to ask around there.

Good luck on your journey out of this benzo mess.

How do u know when to do a long hold?

In June of last year I did a huge cut triple of what I cut! (I know) it was a mistake I went through horrible sxs instantly for about 3 months then got better && then better however not back to my baseline :( any small cut kills me if I continue to cut the rate I’m going it’s will take me 4 years to taper off on top of the 2 I have already done :( advise plz ty

That's when I switched to Valium.

I decided not to do any long holds. My reasoning was that my body gets used to the cuts so continue otherwise it will get used to holding. Every time I didn't feel worse, I cut again. I was never comfortable but I still think it was the best way to go.

I think long holds are a good tool for the right job, -a discrepancy between one’s current dose and where one’s healing is at, and it can provide some stability post change/s...  BUT, just as with post jump, it can take some time..

Imo, it doesnt work so well for some who are having serious long term problems and are just stuck in hell no matter what... And it might be a very long hold indeed if one wants ALL symptoms to abate...

All in all, I think its something well worth looking at, if the need is there... But again, just like post jump, things can sometimes get worse before they get better.. It can take a few months before the picture starts to become clearer, -thus the “long” in the title...

-Just some quick thoughts today... Its a big topic...

Here is the link to the Long Hold Support Group.  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=153201.0

Hi this is where I tried to post but not sure how to post in groups I’m new to this forum thanks !

Same way as here, either Reply or Quote...

-But you might have to “butt in” with those chatterboxes.. lol

:)

Yep, just like Cantfly says, you don't start a new topic, you just jump in with your question.  Or, if you find another post that resonates with you, you can quote it and hopefully the author will show up to answer.  It's not a perfect system, but many appreciate the ability to hang out with those who get their struggle.

Long hold, depends on what you need.  I’ve held as long as 4 months.  Usually not less than 2 months, and very micro cuts.  I hold until a feeling of balance returns, then a few weeks more.  Each cut has a bit of feeling poor, but it’s easiest way for me.  I have to feel psychologically ready.  So far has taken 8 months to go from .5 clonazapam to .17.  Unsure about any other meds.  Our day is coming!!  Hang in.