Author Topic: The Long Hold Support Group  (Read 772885 times)

[Buddie]

The Long Hold Support Group
« on: March 18, 2016, 07:47:26 pm »
Here [...] a place where all those doing LONG HOLDS can hang out.

Post what you want, where you are at and how you feel, post anything !!!

« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 07:54:36 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: The Long Hold Support Group
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 07:50:12 pm »

1 year holding here after a far too rapid taper losing 70% in just 7.5 months !!!

Started to feel better at 3 months.

Lived a bit of life since.

Even flew to the UK in December alone to see family !!!

I have been much better for it and have felt 80% most of the time and even 85% well...

No plans to taper for awhile yet.

Now at 2.9 mg [...] equivalent.

Long term user of over 20 years.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 07:58:57 pm »
Hi, [...] So we meet again...Yes, I am holding longer than most, as well. [...] 5 weeks considered long enough to join? I have been tapering 10 mg [...] since 3/2014. I found that cutting .25mg and holding 5 weeks [...] what keeps me from experiencing alot of sxs. I love the quote that you posted.  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2016, 08:13:38 pm »
  I want in also.  I had to hold 5 months and just made 2 tiny cuts and got slammed again so I'm holding again.  I don't care how long it takes to [...] off but I can't function like this and the nausea, burning etc. are terrible so it will take as long as it takes.  I'm glad you started this thread [...] and I will be here.  Good luck, my friends.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2016, 08:27:38 pm »
thanks for starting this support thread  :smitten:

i dont know how long i will be holding but i know i need more than a 3 or 4 week hold this time. i didnt think tapering from 4 mgs k to 1.74mgs in 19 months was very fast until i was told different.

glad to see others are already here  and [...] lots more find their way  :thumbsup:

i also love the quote you used  :smitten:

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 11:01:45 pm »
  I want in also.  I had to hold 5 months and just made 2 tiny cuts and got slammed again so I'm holding again.  I don't care how long it takes to [...] off but I can't function like this and the nausea, burning etc. are terrible so it will take as long as it takes.  I'm glad you started this thread [...] and I will be here.  Good luck, my friends.

Welcome [...], how tiny were your cuts?

Hang here when holding.  ;)

Feel better soon.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2016, 11:03:36 pm »
Hi, [...] So we meet again...Yes, I am holding longer than most, as well. [...] 5 weeks considered long enough to join? I have been tapering 10 mg [...] since 3/2014. I found that cutting .25mg and holding 5 weeks [...] what keeps me from experiencing alot of sxs. I love the quote that you posted.  :smitten:

Hi [...], sure you can rest here, make yourself at home... this [...] where the weary take a breather.  ;D

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2016, 11:05:03 pm »
thanks for starting this support thread  :smitten:

i dont know how long i will be holding but i know i need more than a 3 or 4 week hold this time. i didnt think tapering from 4 mgs k to 1.74mgs in 19 months was very fast until i was told different.

glad to see others are already here  and [...] lots more find their way  :thumbsup:

i also love the quote you used  :smitten:

[...]

Welcome [...].

Feel better soon, try and [...] some better days in and enjoy the break before you [...] going again.  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 11:31:21 pm »
  I cut 1/8 of 5 mg. pill, which I think [...] around .675 of a mg.  So I did this twice which was 1/4 of a 5 mg pill, 1.25 mg.  out of 15 mg. dose.  Less than 5 % each time.  I must be really sensitive.  I will try liquid taper when I start back up.  S/x are still building so don't know when I will stabilize.  Nausea won't let up and lately I'm having feet burning some and now today my big toe [...] hurting. Never ending, I [...] so depressed but trying to not dwell on it.  I sure [...] I can stabilize, this neuropathy [...] awful and if it gets worse I'll have to take something, I can't hardly stand it.  [...] we all can [...] to a place that [...] at least tolerable so we can try some more cutting.  I'm now on 13.75 mg. a day of v

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2016, 11:33:39 pm »
May I join too??????

I have just begun this idea of long holds so I will need a lot of advice as we go along