Why does pain from WD go but similar conditions don’t?

[Aj...]

So, a lot of people get burning pain and tight muscles in WD.

These are the symptoms of fibromyalgia and along with other issues are also the symptoms of central sensitisation.

Why do people say these things go away on there on if it is WD but ppl with fibro or central sensitisation often have it for life?

Fibro and central sensitisation can be caused by shocks to nervous system so what is the difference?

Further proof that benzo withdrawal is not fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, MS or any of these other things that it gets attributed to. It is CNS damage, plain and simple and the body has the potential to repair itself given enough time.

Further proof that benzo withdrawal is not fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, MS or any of these other things that it gets attributed to. It is CNS damage, plain and simple and the body has the potential to repair itself given enough time.

So, in other words, are you saying that this is proof that fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, MS, or any of these other things are *NOT* CNS damage?

Good question, Ajusta, and riddled with so many unknowns, it's all just one big fat question mark.

So, in other words, are you saying that this is proof that fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, MS, or any of these other things are *NOT* CNS damage?

I didn't say that. Fibro and CFS seem to be some sort of CNS aberration or something but no one knows what they really are. A diagnosis of one of these things essentially amounts to "we have no idea what is wrong with you and we dont want to tell you that it is all in your head".

Getting a diagnosis for either one of these things in place of "benzo withdrawal" is pretty much meaningless because at the end of the day they are as obscure and nebulous as benzo damage and there is no known cure for any of them. So you have a label. Congratulations. You're right back at square one.

[05...]

I didn't say that. Fibro and CFS seem to be some sort of CNS aberration or something but no one knows what they really are. A diagnosis of one of these things essentially amounts to "we have no idea what is wrong with you and we dont want to tell you that it is all in your head".

Much like we are told for benzo withdrawal symptoms,

and are  then sent on endless  costly fruitless tests,

which prove nothing also or told its in our heads sadly,  :tickedoff:

no concrete proof one way or the other sadly.

It is clear that all those illnesses are CNS mediated.

:thumbsup:

My FM was brought on by extreme shock to my system - running from a hurricane flooded hotel room in the late 80s.  Once in a place of safety,  I had a long strong brain/body zap.  I knew something had changed drastically.  However, since the early 90's when I fully presented with "fm"  it always goes underground for long periods - this last time was about 9 years.  It has reappeared since benzo w/d, another extreme stress and CNS regulated to boot. 

I believe, whatever this thing is -  some kind of a brain dysregulation or prior rerouting of circuits?  it will go underground again.