Severe GAD before benzos

[16...]

[16...]
Hi Everyone.  I had a question.  If you had severe anxiety before benzos does that mean you GABA receptors were already damaged beforehand?

No, i dont think so.

Maybe we are genetically predisposed to have less GABA or less GABA-A receptors in our brains. Maybe it's neural conditioning, or a combination of that.

Maybe an imbalance or overexpression of certain excitatory neurotransmitters like glutamate or NE or histamine. Nobody knows!

I have the same question, prior to my paxil use I suffered a level of GAD, now three years later free of meds i have a severe case of GAD, my analysis to this case that i had low levels of gaba due to stress and bad habits, it would have been no problem if i had used meditation or yoga or any relaxation method, but I didn’t. My life before paxil was a stressful life with bad nutrition and alot of caffeine which made me into adrenal fatigue mood, then the paxil was introduced and it make miracles but I couldn’t get of of them.

Living on the edge of stress will decrease serotonin, gaba, and dopamine. I wish i knew that back then  introduceing a real relaxation system in your life would prevent you from slipping into meds, now nothing seems to make me fall into relaxation nothing, even after three years meds free.

[16...]
I hear a lot of stories about people who developed anxiety from this experience and it never went away.  So it makes me wonder for those of us who had GAD before benzos what will happen to us?

I hear a lot of stories about people who developed anxiety from this experience and it never went away.  So it makes me wonder for those of us who had GAD before benzos what will happen to us?

You masked your GAD with the benzo, so it will probably return, it did for me.

[16...]
I went years without taking benzos and still had constant generalized anxiety.  I'm pretty sure coming of AD over the years gave me GAD.