What is Kindling exactly?

[Iw...]

Hello Warriors!

I would like know what kindling means in the benzo world. I am having a hard time finding a straight answer to this via the web.

Stay Strong  8)

A controversial topic.  "Kindling" in the benzo world is often stated as fact whereas, in reality, there is no hard evidence for or against this phenomenon.  It is speculative at best. 

You may find this thread helpful.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=212446.0

What little research there is on "kindling" is  primarily in reference to alcohol abuse and withdrawal.  And at best, its inconclusive.

There is almost no reliable research on kindling with respect to benzos.

In short, anxiety about the risk of kindling is probably a much greater threat than kindling itself.

A controversial topic.  "Kindling" in the benzo world is often stated as fact whereas, in reality, there is no hard evidence for or against this phenomenon.  It is speculative at best. 

You may find this thread helpful.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=212446.0

What little research there is on "kindling" is  primarily in reference to alcohol abuse and withdrawal.  And at best, its inconclusive.

There is almost no reliable research on kindling with respect to benzos.

In short, anxiety about the risk of kindling is probably a much greater threat than kindling itself.

Yes, and much research as it pertains to epilepsy as well, of course.  Which, being a chicken-egg scenario, is also far from conclusive. 

Agree also with your last sentence.  I hopped on and off K multiple times over probably a 20 yr period, maybe 4-5 times or more, CT'd every time without a hiccup.  So much for "kindling", huh.  The last/final time I wasn't so lucky but I have a completely different theory (guess) about that too.

Okay thanks guys :) I think that’s what happened to me then when I was taking it as an ‘as needed’ medication before my C/T experience. Why does cold turkey have to be so traumatic. And will my acute phase be significantly different from a C/T I wonder? I’m so afraid that when I decide to jump I will experience the same symptoms at the degree I experienced them. Can anyone relate to this?