My introduction

[Su...]

Hi, I currently suffer from major anxiety and complex trauma - ptsd. I've been on 90mgs of serapax a day for over 2 yrs and am now starting the process of taper/withdrawal. My anxiety is acting up more than ever and I'm struggling to leave the house and my bed. I feel a little lost in life right now and hope I can find some info and support on here. Thanks for reading...

Hello SurvivingTheRoad,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!  I felt lost and alone during withdrawal myself and found this forum to be a lifeline for me. I think it will for you as well. You will certainly receive information and support here from our kind members.  Anxiety can increase during withdrawal and many people find themselves housebound for a period of time.  If you have an existing anxiety and trauma issue, it might be good to find non drug ways to deal with it. There are modalities such as CBT, meditation, breathing techniques and yoga that have proved to be helpful.

Since you have been on serapax for a couple of years, it's going to be important to taper very slowly. This can help to minimize withdrawal symptoms. Generally, a reduction of no more than 5-10% every 10-14 days is suggested. I'll give you a link to the General Taper Plans for additional information.

I'll also give you a link to the Ashton Manual. It is an excellent resource about these types of drugs and how to withdraw. The manual was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

I'll also provide a link to the Anxiety Board where you can post and receive feedback from others about this issue.

Do some reading and check the various boards. We're here for you as your journey to be benzo free. Please do ask questions, 'were here to help.

General Taper Plans 

The Ashton Manual

Anxiety 

pianogirl  :)