Withdrawal and PTSD

[tr...]

The diagnosis of PTSD is otherwise associated with, for example, very difficult experiences after fighting for their country. But I think that you can also suffer from this after much tough withdrawal such as hallucinations, DR / DP, cramps and chemical terror for a long time. You get stuck in very difficult stress for a long time. This has also been included in Ashtons manual.

What do you think, can you experience this? Is there anything to do?

The diagnosis of PTSD is otherwise associated with, for example, very difficult experiences after fighting for their country. But I think that you can also suffer from this after much tough withdrawal such as hallucinations, DR / DP, cramps and chemical terror for a long time. You get stuck in very difficult stress for a long time. This has also been included in Ashtons manual.

What do you think, can you experience this? Is there anything to do?

I absolutely experienced this from my bad experience with Zoloft!  It was so bad, I didnt want to come home after work once I was able to.return to work.  It did go away over time, but I still think im scared to death I'll go back to that deep dark place.  Its making my taper difficult, so Im holding for a while.

Now it has been 26 months for me, and sometimes I wonder what's what? Maybe I'm healed, but there's some kind of PTSD that makes me still in a very bad condition?

During this time, I have always fed my brain with negative thoughts of hopelessness, and that I never get well. Of course, this negativity, and stress, has sent out bad vibration to the body. Perhaps I have now stuck in a stress condition similar to PTSD?

I have written so many times that I will try to get out of this stress bubble with guided meditations, yoga and other things that will make my system calm down. But it has usually only had a negative effect, smallest demands on myself and I end up in a wave.

So this trip is not really "just" withdrawal, I have to try to get out of this chronic stress condition. Perhaps I might try to do another experiment, and try to get into little routines in my everyday life? What works best for you when you feel extremely stressed?

[95...]

translator, you've dealt with a lot over the past few years, my friend. I know how hard it has been for you, and I think you are coping admirably! You reach out on here when you need to, and you're always kind and so helpful.

The adrenal glands can take a long time to recover after intense stress, so it's normal that you would still be struggling... Your body and mind are healing, even during waves.

Guided meditations and breathing exercises have really helped me but, as you point out, not in the beginning. It took a long time for my body to become less sensitive... Setting tiny daily goals/'safe' routines have helped me also, as well as eating healthily and resting whenever I need to. Typing a list of soothing things and keeping it handy for 'freak out' days... burning lavender essential oil, rereading some favourite success stories I've saved in a folder, trauma-release yoga done in my bedroom, calming flower essences (Bach Rescue Remedy), treating myself like a small, hurt child when I need to... Go easy on yourself!

Sending warmth & a hug.

Hi Translator We can suffer from PTSD when we suffer intense withdrawal .My first three months were so bad that I shiver when I think about them .Those memories of sleepless nights and hypnic jerks are still fresh in my mind  This is my fifth month post cold turkey yet I am unable to go back and sleep in my bedroom .Those memories of  lying wide awake in my bed till morning still haunt me .The moment I step into my bedroom I get PTSD .So I have been sleeping on the couch in the living room for last two months

My only hope is that with time those memories will fade off .My sleep has improved so I guess one day PTSD should also fade off

Rubylove, thank you for your warm words, you are a very good friend for me - you saved my day! I am so grateful for the nice contact we have!

White swan, just as you write, you can be stressed by your own bedroom, that's the same for me. I have been lying on my hard, and bad, couch for over 2 years. I had so many nightmares, and hearing hallucinations with someone from the dark, so the bedroom only gives bad memories.

Have read about several who have moved after the withdrawal, since they no longer enjoy their homes, which have been felt poisoned. Sometimes wonder if all the discomfort, and abstinence, have "stuck in the wallpapers". The strange thing is that I can feel pretty good if I go outside the apartment, but then it's just as bad when I get back home. Perhaps I would feel better if I moved, but at the moment, I can`t even fill a box of things.

Can you also feel worse at home, and better if you go out? Do you also believe that all the terrible things we've been through (and still do) create even more stress and symptoms like PTSD?

• 2 years later...
[65...]
hi. im new here. i had some episodes of psychosis where i could actually visualize myself doing sonething awful to a loved one. out of fear i did something to myself that got me in a psych ward and numerous after that and i was chemically tortured for the next 9 months. i never had a mental illness before this happened. just anxiety bc drs told me i had a brain tumor i didnt have which is what lead me to psych meds in thr first place. I am still in awful withdrawl but i am about 50% beyter than i was. I am full of shame and guilt and pain. mothers day hurt like a million hells. lost my business i worked so hard fornand now have collection calls and facing bankruptcy. its just a lot on someone who lead a charmed little life not very long ago. its all i can think about.

hi. im new here. i had some episodes of psychosis where i could actually visualize myself doing sonething awful to a loved one. out of fear i did something to myself that got me in a psych ward and numerous after that and i was chemically tortured for the next 9 months. i never had a mental illness before this happened. just anxiety bc drs told me i had a brain tumor i didnt have which is what lead me to psych meds in thr first place. I am still in awful withdrawl but i am about 50% beyter than i was. I am full of shame and guilt and pain. mothers day hurt like a million hells. lost my business i worked so hard fornand now have collection calls and facing bankruptcy. its just a lot on someone who lead a charmed little life not very long ago. its all i can think about.

Hello boymom,

I know you're new here and it takes a little while to learn your way around as well as learning the rules, but your post is unacceptable.  We do not allow the mention of self harm or harming others, so please, take some time to review our policies before posting anymore on the forum.

Thank you,

Pamster

Suicide, Self-Harm & Threatening Behaviour