1st week into Tapering

[Ca...]

Hello all and thank you for creating a forum for this.

I've been on 100mg Valium daily and 150mg Zopiclone for sleep for the past 8 months.  Finally had the courage to tell my wife, who has been incredibly supportive.  I've also spoken with my therapist, though my situation is somewhat unique in that I live in a country where I do not speak the native language well enough to find a GP to make sure the tapering that I started this past week is medically supervised.  I've got a tapering schedule and have read as much as I can on the do's and don't's but I'm fairly certain that having a doctor to oversee my reduction is a crucial part of this process.  If there are any people who have been or are in similar situations, I would appreciate advice.  Again, thanks to all who make a place like this welcoming to someone like me.

[glow=silver,2,300]Welcome to Benzo Buddies Community Forum![/glow]

Hello CaptainCanuck!

We are very glad that you found us! Sounds like you are in a difficult situation being in a country where you don't speak the native language & not having the support of a GP. It is wonderful that you were able to tell your wife about your situation & have her support. Best advice I can give is for you to taper at the suggested rate of 5-10% every 10 -14 days. I would start with the Valium then the Zoplicone.

I would also like to suggest that you do some more research on the various boards. This it will enable you to have all the tools you need for a smooth, successful taper & recovery. There are many well informed, kind, compassionate members here to support you. Ask questions. Our various boards are full of vast amounts of information to guide you through your journey. I have enclosed some links below that may help you in your search efforts. Please check them out.

Please take the time to tell us about your history:

Go to the top of the page and select Profile then choose Forum Profile then insert drug history/timelines into the text box and click Change Profile CLICK HERE > Create a Signature < CLICK HERE

Wishing you a smooth, successful taper & speedy recovery!

Bella  :smitten:

Links:

Professor Heather Ashtons Manual 

General Taper Plans      Valium Support Group      Z Drug Support Group

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)    What's happening inside your brain

For those who are currently tapering, we suggest reducing at a rate of 5%-10% every 10-14 days