[mi...]

How To Liquid Titration Off Xanax.

I am Sick Of Dry Cut

I Would To Try This Because (Xanax Is Bitter On The Tongue

Please Help..

Because The Doctors Don't Know!

You People Do.

December 3.0mg  2MG BREAKFAST .5MG AND .5MG DINNER

Colin I Need Your Help With Xanax I am Sick Of Dry Cutting Nasty Taste Of The Mouth

Please Slowly Step By Step If Can Help Me.

2mg Morning Should I Buy a Glass Cylinder

I need The Info I am Of Again Sick Of Popping Pills Threw Tapering It I Would Rather Drink It Crushed With Whole Milk

2mg 200ml i have no clue please help colin 0.5mg lunch 0.5 Dinner i will have to go buy the 100ml cylinder

I Need To Learn How To use The Cylinder.

With Your People's Help I Would Love To Drink It Instead Of Dry Pill Swallow Nasty

The Problem Xanax aLL December 3MG

JAN 2.75

FEB 2.50

AND SO ONE I NEED HELP BIG TIME! THANKS

Hi Mikey,

I've merged your three posts on this titration board. It helps to keep all your info in one place.  

It would be better if you reduced by 0.125mg every two weeks rather than 0.25mg a month. It will probably be easier on you. This works best with 0.5mg pills if you can obtain those from your doctor. Then you can cut them in quarters.

I think if you swallow the pill with a full glass of water, or better yet, juice, the taste of the pill wouldn't bother you. By crushing and mixing it, you may taste it more. The reason people titrate is because they find the withdrawals of direct tapering too difficult or they can't make smaller cuts with the pill they have available.

If you want, you could always just crush your dose and mix it with a liquid (milk, water, juice) and drink it. A titration isn't necessary unless you are having trouble tapering.

Hope this helps.  :)

Hi Mikey,

I've merged your three posts on this titration board. It helps to keep all your info in one place.  

It would be better if you reduced by 0.125mg every two weeks rather than 0.25mg a month. It will probably be easier on you. This works best with 0.5mg pills if you can obtain those from your doctor. Then you can cut them in quarters.

I think if you swallow the pill with a full glass of water, or better yet, juice, the taste of the pill wouldn't bother you. By crushing and mixing it, you may taste it more. The reason people titrate is because they find the withdrawals of direct tapering too difficult or they can't make smaller cuts with the pill they have available.

If you want, you could always just crush your dose and mix it with a liquid (milk, water, juice) and drink it. A titration isn't necessary unless you are having trouble tapering.

Hope this helps.  :)

So 2mg I Can Crush And Use The 100ml On It

Mikey, just take each dose that you normally would swallow dry and instead mix it with a drink . It doesn't matter on the amount of liquid, if you are only doing this because of the taste and not doing daily reductions (which is the purpose of actual titration).

Or if you like, as you asked Colin, you can mix it with some apple sauce or yogurt, any amount. Just make sure to eat it all.

Hi Mikey,

It seems like your mind is all over the place at the moment.  You sound like me when I was looking for help.

Is there a reason you take 2mg xanax in the am?......and then .5mg in the afternoon and evening?

I found that taking the same dosage 3 times a day worked for me.....in other words 1 mg 3 times a day.  I stuck to a rigid schedule of 6am, 2am and 10pm no matter what.  I then cut .125mg off my afternoon dose and held for a few days and then cut .125mg off the am dose and held a few days and then cut .125mg off my pm dose.  That is how I did my taper.  I did not sway from this schedule whatsoever.  I did a pretty fast taper and I don't condone it.  You may want to hold a cut for 2 weeks which is the suggested tapering rate.

If you chose to do the 1mg 3 times a day then the 1 mg pills are fine but you may want to try and also get the .5 mg tablets to make smaller cuts of .125 mg. which is a quarter of the .5 mg tabs.

As you get even lower than you need to get the .25mg tabs.  I cut my pills by using a pill cutter and for smaller cuts a single edged straight razor.

I found no problem swallowing the pills or pieces of the pills with a glass of water.  IMO you are on too high a dose to do any titrating right now. 

Xanax is a very short acting pill and I did get interdose withdrawals before my next dose but I hung in there until my allotted time came due.  Do not updose or sway from your schedule as it will rev up your symptoms.  This is a tough journey but one that is so worth taking.

Best wishes to you.  There are many here on the forum that will help you with this process.

Patty  xo

To give encouragement: in the two years I've been at this I've met a few who have tapered directly off of Xanax with great success.  It wasn't easy (tapering benzos never is) but they did it.  If I had to do it again I might just go straight off the alprazolam and skip the diazepam (Valium is such a depressing drug). 

Onward.