Information required to draw up your titration schedule:

[Co...]

Hi,

Please have the following information ready. I cannot create a schedule if any of these details are missing.

Start date: when you would like your titration to start.

Dose: the dose you anticipate you be taking at the start date (in mgs).

Tablet dose: the dose of your individual tablets.

Number of tablets: the total number (and/or fractions) of tablets you take per day. Examples: 2 tabs; 2.5 tabs; 0.75 tabs. These are the number of tablets (not doses), and the tablets used must be of the same dosage (strength).

Taper rate: if you are unsure, ask for the input of others. The majority of people probably titrate at a rate of about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. If you are unsure of where to start, and unless you have good reason to think you need a particularly slow taper, 1% per day is probably a good starting point. The taper plan can be altered later if need be.

Cylinder details: I will need to know the size of the cylinder you are using (100ml is recommended). I will also need to know that size of the marked increments. Just make sure that there enough increments for the given cylinder to ensure that the pill can be divided into small fractions (100ml cylinder with 1ml increments is always fine; 100ml with 2-5 increments is probably fine; 50ml with 5ml increments is not very useful). If you are using very large dose pills (for your given benzo), such as 10mg Valium or 2mg Xanax, you will absolutely need lots of increments. This usually means a 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

Please start you own titration thread on this board, and if you have any questions, someone will be along to help you.

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Hi there:

Well hopefully I have all of the info necessary for my titration (except for the 100mL cylinder which I intend on getting).

I would like to start on Tues., 6/2/09.  I would be starting @ .45mg which is now split into 3 daily doses taken 8 hrs apart.

Each tablet that I cut from is a .5mg tablet cut in half, and then I have been dry-cutting from that to get to my .125 in AM/.16 @ mid-day and .16 in PM.

I have been tapering .03mg every 7 days.  If I could do a 1% taper per day it would be great.

As yet I do not have the cylinder but will get one.  If there is anything else I need, please let me know.  I understand the pill can be easily crushed with the back of a spoon.  My only concern is my middle dose.  Many times I'm working outside and would need to know that whatever I have mixed up can be easily made and ready to go @ mid-day with no hassles.

You make it the night before and keep it in your water bottle (I use a poland spring one) and just chug it at lunch. Sometimes I leave mine in the car and its warm!lol no worries pharmacist told me it changes nothing about the drug after all its not water solubule. So it never dissolves just hangs out in suspension. Oh jan I am so happy for you. The end of your suffering is on the way! Wow!

• 3 months later...
Hi Colin . Thank you for helping us in our time of need .I'm not sure if I posted this already but I'm doing it again since I truly hope to get a reply.I'm  currently tapering from clonazepam using the dry cut method and I'm down to .125 I could dry cut maybe to .062 but I learned since that liquid titration  is the sensible way to go.Just would like to get some help working out a time frame in which this could be accomplished (that is titrating the remaining .125) .Would like to start around sept 22 09 , tablet dose is .50 mg and I take .125 divided in three doses every day .my tools are:a 100 ml beaker w 5 ml increments ( not of much use) and a 60 ml syringe w 1ml increments (pretty accurate) also mortar and pestle. I can't wait to get off this stuff but don't want to bring on too much pain to myself by rushing things up. the taper rate that sounds ok with me is the 1 ml per day rate .I ask you to please provide a schedule that I can use to go by .Your help will be much appreciated thank you again for your time and effort here at benzobuddies.

polemides,  Hi,  softtail here,  I too am on the k monster, but will be done with it soon, If you have enough of a supply , I can give you a simple proceedure to titrate yourself down to the end.  If you  don't , and have to conserve your pills , cause you only have the .5 mg per day equivilent, then Colin will have to work out your schedule.

Here it is.

Take 2- 5 mg. pills , crush in crucible , or between two spoons if you don't have a crucible .  Crush the pills over a sheet of white paper , so you can see if any of that nasty poison jumps out of the crushing system.  measure out 100ml of water or milk into your 100ml beaker.  If you are using a crucible , pour some of the water from the beaker into  a cup,  ( any drinking cup will do  as long as it has a wide top.  The reason for this is when using a crucible, the poison likes to stick to the inside of crucible , so you add  remaining water ( or milk)from 100ml beaker to the crucible , stir and add that to Cup,  follow this proceedure till you  have all the 100ml of water or milk into the cup,  and all the crushed k.

Stir well,  Now your ready to use the solution.  If you want to go at 1% per day, throw away 1ml of solution and divide the rest of the cup into thirds, in storage containers.  I went to walmart and found some small containers with snap lids that have worked well for me.  If you want to go at 2% per day , throw away 2ml. then divide the rest , etc etc. 

Keep going till you get to the end or a point you want to jump off. 

I have used this proceedure for the 10 weeks I have been doing it , reducing by 10% per week. 

H

ope this helps,  any questions ,  me , or if more technical , Colin , or any of the moderators here would be happy to help.

ST.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Start date: ASAP if I can use a Pyrex measuring cup so the 23rd of April....If I have to order a cylynder not till may 20th

Dose: if I can start now with Pyrex my dose is 1/8 of a MG in the morning, afternoon, and evening.....If I have to wait for my cylinder then i'll be at an 1/8th morning and night

Tablet dose: 1/8th of a MG

Number of tablets: 0.25MG and One eighth of a mg. equals .125 mg

Taper rate: 10% 7-14 days unless someone sees this post and would reccamend somthing else that may work better for me

Cylinder details:If I end up having to order a cylinder I will get the one u reccamend the 100ML and my pyrecs measuring cup is goes upto 16oz

Start date: ASAP if I can use a Pyrex measuring cup so the 23rd of April....If I have to order a cylynder not till may 20th

Dose: if I can start now with Pyrex my dose is 1/8 of a MG in the morning, afternoon, and evening.....If I have to wait for my cylinder then i'll be at an 1/8th morning and night

Tablet dose: 1/8th of a MG

Number of tablets: 0.25MG and One eighth of a mg. equals .125 mg

Taper rate: 10% 7-14 days unless someone sees this post and would reccamend somthing else that may work better for me

Cylinder details:If I end up having to order a cylinder I will get the one u reccamend the 100ML and my pyrecs measuring cup is goes upto 16oz

[79...]