Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Benzo wise therapist

[Fi...]

I have been lucky enough to have met the best benzo coach and I wanted to share that with others because I know how alone this process can feel. I was so lost until I found her! She has also tapered off Klonopin and has been off for 2 and a half years.

Can I share this information with others through pm?

It is OK to share a recommendation, so long as it doesn't appear 'spammy'. ;) What we do not allow is for members to criticise their doctors/therapists by name.

Thank you for clarifying Colin. :)

If anyone has been looking for a good therapist who is benzo-wise, please let me know. I have found a gem that I would like to share. It doesn't matter where you live because she does sessions through Skype.

It would be best to share the name here (since it is recommendation). The reason for this is so that we sometimes hold information which would cause us to disallow a particular recommendation to be shared through BB systems. We had reason to ban one account a few months ago which tried offering rather dubious counselling services. I've also had detox facilities contact me to see if I would be interested in 'partnering' with them. ::) It happens.

Wow! I can only imagine. I get it. I don't want to post her name here for everyone to see though cause I don't want her to be overwhelmed with calls. You can remove this post if you want.

It would be best to share the name here (since it is recommendation). The reason for this is so that we sometimes hold information which would cause us to disallow a particular recommendation to be shared through BB systems. We had reason to ban one account a few months ago which tried offering rather dubious counselling services. I've also had detox facilities contact me to see if I would be interested in 'partnering' with them. ::) It happens.

I really doubt that they care for withdrawing poor people since THEY CAN'T TRULLY CAPTURE THE WHOLE HORROR AND LENGHT OF THIS PROCESS!!!!

Plus psychiatric community will always have this stigma about someone who once took those drugs or contacted psych doctors!

You will never be "NORMAL" in their eyes!!!

Also I was mentioning long time ago

that BB forum warning on contacting suicide prevention "professionals and experts"

should be replaced by closer communication with someone in distress/

It really would be more helpful

instead of blocking them and reminding about contacting suicide prevention/

kindly V

Hi Findingmeagain7,

Thank you for your PM.

I've looked at her webpage, she states clearly the professional body to which she belongs, provides a link to the professional body's website, and states her license number. It all looks good to me! Feel free to post your recommendation on the forum.

Wow! A lot of people have contacted me for this. I'm not sure if she will be able to take anymore clients, but I guess it doesn't hurt to inquire.

• 3 weeks later...
Good news everyone! My benzo wise therapist has expanded her practice and is only taking clients who are experiencing withdrawal. This means she has more spots. :). Send me a pm and I will get you in contact with her.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I wanted to let everyone know that my benzo wise counsellor has received several clients from benzobuddies and is aware of the need for this. She has reduced her fees to $50 Canadian per session. That's only about $38 for US. I hope this helps. :)

• 2 weeks later...
If everyone cannot access this counsellors help maybe you could pass on what you have learned.  Good for you thanks for sharing.  Dolly

If everyone cannot access this counsellors help maybe you could pass on what you have learned.  Good for you thanks for sharing.  Dolly

Hi Dolly. I would be happy to share some of my experiences with people, but what I learn will likely be different than what someone else might learn. It depends what your needs are. I had terrible anxiety and learned how to manage that and eliminate most of it. Most importantly, I had her there to support me when things got really bad.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Very interesting.  There's no reason why psychotherapy and withdrawal counseling can't be done over Skype or FaceTime.  Great for both sides of the transaction.

Finding was the one who referred me to this therapist and I am so grateful! I couldn't have asked for a better support person. I also highly recommend her. Feel free to pm me too.

• 4 weeks later...

Finding was the one who referred me to this therapist and I am so grateful! I couldn't have asked for a better support person. I also highly recommend her. Feel free to pm me too.

I'm so glad you were able to connect and I helped get you there. :)

• 2 weeks later...
[b8...]