Want off 1 mg of Clonazepam

[tr...]

Hi Colin!

I was wondering if you could help me with a titration schedule?

I take 1mg of clonazepam at night only.  I guess every two weeks or .625?  Is that doable and realistic?

I do stay at home with a 6 month old so I would like to be functional :)

Thank you...hope you are having a nice vacation!!!

Traycee

Hi Colin!

I was wondering if you could help me with a titration schedule?

I take 1mg of clonazepam at night only.  I guess every two weeks or .625?  Is that doable and realistic?

I do stay at home with a 6 month old so I would like to be functional :)

Thank you...hope you are having a nice vacation!!!

Traycee

Hi, Traycee -

Colin will be back around the 14th.  If you don't already have them, you can use that time to get your cylinder and syringe.  Also, here's a list of the information he needs to draw up a schedule:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=11093.0

I don't understand "every two weeks or .625mg".  You'll be tapering a tiny amount every day unless you need to go slower down the line.  A common starting point is reducing 1%/day which is the same as 10% every 10 days.  Of course, pick the rate that seems most sensible to you, knowing it is the schedule is easily adjusted faster or slower.

Thanks Beeper!

That's perfect.  10% works for me :)

Colin,

I forgot to give you the rest of the information you need.

I would like to start July 26th

Taper rate 1% everyday so 10% every 10 days.

My dose is 1mg and I take it at night.

I use .5mg pills and take 2 at the moment.

Thank you in advance!

Traycee

Hi Eljay!!

Nice to see some people I remember :)

yeah I am ready to move forward.  As a matter of fact I am going to re-read your journey!  U are amazing and I admire your courage..I just want off now and to heal so I can enjoy my family :sick:

xoxo

Traycee

Congratulations on your baby, t.  :smitten: I have to admit I was worried about you two. I sent you a pm or two. But so glad you are ready to move forward!

Amanda (paxton) is still here too, She is a senior moderator. She was asking me if I'd heard from you, awhile back. Give her a pm if you haven't already.

:mybuddy:

Hi Traycee,

I'm glad to hear that things are going well - congratulations on becoming a Mum.

I can draw up a schedule for you, but you probably don't need full titration schedule. If you wish to taper off at 1% per day, take one of your daily pills (0.5mg), grind it up, and add to 100ml of milk. Reduce the amount you drink of the 100ml by 2ml each day, and don't forget to take the other 0.5ml pill too.

Once you have finished titrating your first pill, titrate your second, and again reduce the amount consumed by 2ml each day. This will take you 100 day to complete, and equates to 1% per day.

Additionally, an informal schedule allows you to hold your dose for a few days if you hit a rough patch, without the need to adjust your existing schedule, or have a new schedule drawn up for you. You will loose nothing by using a less formal schedule, and it leaves things flexible for you.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks Colin!

This is perfect.  :yippee: 

I just needed to know how to do the math essentially and my brain was not thinking straight..... :crazy:.

Last question, I used water titration before....milk has better suspension correct?  I will use milk if it binds better to get a more efficient dose.

Well, few more days and I am off to the finish line.

Thanks again so much!

Traycee

Hi,

Yes, it appears that the benzo powder has an affinity with the fat in the milk. Just be sure to use full-fat (4% in the USA, I believe) homogenised milk (most milk is homogenised these days). The fat is evenly distributed in homogenised milk. ;)

Hi Traycee -Good luck on your titration-The  reason I dislike milk is it foams up too much and I can't see through the liquid to see if I have a good suspension of the K particles-Around here, whole milk is 3.25 %-Whichever way you go -good luck to you-JIM