titrate xanax

[jr...]

Is it possible to titrate alprazolam as it is not water soluble? any help will be appreciated as I am gearing up for a taper and need help from others who have done this. I seen a you tube video of a woman using vodka as as a solution but wonder if it works. Help?

Is it possible to titrate alprazolam as it is not water soluble? any help will be appreciated as I am gearing up for a taper and need help from others who have done this. I seen a you tube video of a woman using vodka as as a solution but wonder if it works. Help?

I don't know what's in the YT video, but yes, X is soluble in alcohol, and vodka is a commonly used vehicle for liquifying xanax and other benzos.  Daily microtapering with liquid has helped may who had difficulties with other methods.

You will find a lot of info and help for liquid tapering here:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=135284.0

thanks for the info. I still don't understand micro taper but I will study on it awhile. maybe I can figure it out/

thanks for the info. I still don't understand micro taper but I will study on it awhile. maybe I can figure it out/

Microtaper is really very simple.

For example, instead of cutting .15mg and holding for 10 days, you just cut.015 every day.  At the end of 10 days, your at the same place either way, but the daily cut will probably be a lot more tolerable.

let me see if I understand cut and hold. I take .5 xanax 3x per day. to do a 10% cut, i would weigh the three pills, multiply by .10 divide that by 3 and take that amount off each dose. do this for 2-3 weeks and then cut 20% off. If that sounds right , just say ok and i am off to the races.