Author Topic: Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group  (Read 421371 times)

[Buddie]

Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group
« on: June 01, 2015, 09:24:18 pm »
I have read a lot on this forum about tapering and the different methods.  Also have followed peoples results after some time with different methods.  Hands down I see more success and the least amount of symptoms when I read about daily micro tapering.

Im talking about Liquid Titration and Daily Micro Cutting with a Gram Scale. 

It seems to be the way to go.  The theory [...] that when you cut a very [...] amount each day, you give your body a chance to adjust on a daily basis, instead of sending your body and mind into shock every 2 weeks. 

Example:  Say you are taking a 1mg pill a day. You want to taper at a rate of 10% or 0.1 mg every 2 weeks.  Instead of reducing 10% or 0.1mg every 14 days.  You simple reduce at a rate of 0.714% or 0.007 mg a day. 

In the example, you are reducing at the same rate but [...] taking a cut everyday. 

I guess I want the discussion opened to talk about the advantages of this method over the cut and hold.

***Please note:  I have nothing against cut and hold, it definitely works for a lot of people.  The Ashton Manual and this forum [...] the reason I have made it this far.***

Stay strong!
[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Daily Micro-Tapering Support Group
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 11:24:36 pm »
Hi [...], I have done cut and hold at the begining of my taper and it worked well for a while. Now I am doing daily microtaper and this method [...] smoother. The right thing for me at low dose.
I wrote an analogy last November, cut and hold feels like going down the stairs, so we [...] to know the height of the step and the holding period. Daily microtaper [...] like going down using a ramp, we [...] only to find the right angle of the ramp.
I am impressed by your progress, Congratulations!
[...]  :)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 12:23:09 am »
Hello ,
Good idea, this thread.
I'm doing a daily liquid taper becaue I could not do cut and hold.
I would cut and then feel it some days later and needed a LOT of time to recover from it.
The liquid has been a blessing for me.

I use a liquid pre-made by a compound pharmacy. It's Valium powder in organic almond oil.
Have [...] 0.05 mgr a day with holds every 4th day or so, from about 13 mgr down to now, at 1.30.
This means it took me somewhere between 14-18 days to cut half a miligram.

I [...] pull up the liquid with a syringe and squirt into my mouth what I [...]. As opposed to titrating where people pull out what they reduce( and toss) and drink the rest.

0.5 mgr [...] 1 ml for my solution ( 2:1) and so, if I start with 2.5 mgr in pills, I then take 2 mgr and then 1 ml ( 0.5 mgr ) in liquid.
The next day I take 0.9 ml, next day 0.8 etc.

I'm not really ever symptom free but by FAR not as slammed hard as I used to be with a dry cut.
For me that was horror.
This allows me to not get hit AS hard in one loud bang. But I get all sorts of , mostly tolerabe , symptoms .

Anyway. That.   ;D

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 12:57:56 am »
I have read a lot on this forum about tapering and the different methods.  Also have followed peoples results after some time with different methods.  Hands down I see more success and the least amount of symptoms when I read about daily micro tapering.

Im talking about Liquid Titration and Daily Micro Cutting with a Gram Scale. 

It seems to be the way to go.  The theory [...] that when you cut a very [...] amount each day, you give your body a chance to adjust on a daily basis, instead of sending your body and mind into shock every 2 weeks. 

Example:  Say you are taking a 1mg pill a day. You want to taper at a rate of 10% or 0.1 mg every 2 weeks.  Instead of reducing 10% or 0.1mg every 14 days.  You simple reduce at a rate of 0.714% or 0.007 mg a day. 

In the example, you are reducing at the same rate but [...] taking a cut everyday. 

I guess I want the discussion opened to talk about the advantages of this method over the cut and hold.

***Please note:  I have nothing against cut and hold, it definitely works for a lot of people.  The Ashton Manual and this forum [...] the reason I have made it this far.***

Stay strong!
[...]
  This [...] a valuable thread.  I'll add some stuff soon.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2015, 02:01:47 am »
[...],  you have made some great progress.  I started with cut and hold also and then switched to liquid.  Thanks for sharing your method.

[...], very interesting solution.  I like it.  Good alternative for people who don't want to use milk or alcohol. Thank you also.

[...],  thanks for stopping by.  Always enjoy your input.

Stay strong!
[...]
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 02:19:33 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 05:35:29 pm »
Hey All:

Good start for the support group so far!  I have 3 people who use titration.  And one person who [...] using micro-cutting.  So glad to have both methods in one place.  Now hopefully we will get some people with questions.

I am currently at 0.08mg a day and if i don't have to hold, I will be done with my taper in 32 days!  [...] wait for that day to get here.  No real symptoms today [...] some morning anxiety which i was able to work through.  Will check back in soon!

Stay strong!
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 10:29:11 pm »
[...], 32 days for you! GREAT!  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 11:53:03 pm »
Daily taper saved me!
32 days- your basically done😃

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2015, 01:31:32 am »
Thanks [...] and Mark!

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2015, 09:23:33 am »
Hi there everyone!! Hey [...]!!  :smitten:

I have also switched to a daily-dry-cutting method from the cut and hold which I believe not only to stress the body but also to add psychological pressure when the cut "[...] due"...

This method has allowed me to get from 3mg of K to 2.37mg (my dose today) in less than two months without suffering from intense symptoms  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lately, I did feel I was in a wave though but it [...] be external pressure I am reacting to, not directly the taper... hard to tell.

I don't know whether the "speed" from the Ashton manual [...] directly transferable to daily-cutting methods, but I do think it sets the speed limit!!
In my case, if I keep going at this rate/day, I will get to 2mg by ~5% cut in 10 days. Not sure how long I can sustain this rate in practice. We will see!

My motto [...] definitely to go slow and smooth! It's better to get to the finish line in one piece... or rather, in good shape!  :thumbsup: ...and Live while you taper!!!!

Best wishes to all  :smitten: