So this is 18 months?

[In...]

It has been and continues to be difficult. I feel somewhat different the last few weeks, perhaps the healing is accelerating. There are even moments of feeling kind of "clear" with only mild anxiety, those are welcome breaks.

Fingers crossed the next 18 months are better than the last 18  :D

Congratulations!

I'm right behind you. ;D Yes, it's been difficult, but am so glad the poisons are gone. Have read that healing can take 2 or even 3 years & that is in my mindset now. Sit back, relax & let the healing in.

Again, Congratulations!! :clap:

It has been and continues to be difficult. I feel somewhat different the last few weeks, perhaps the healing is accelerating. There are even moments of feeling kind of "clear" with only mild anxiety, those are welcome breaks.

Fingers cross Daze, that it won't take so long. i think you've got the right

attitude, it will help to get their sooner than you think. (i hope) ;):thumbsup::smitten:

Congratulations Innadaze on being 18 months free  :thumbsup:I'm not far behind you at 16 months and things are still difficult for me too, this journey can take sooo long!

I hope a full recovery, for you, is not too far away.

Debbie :smitten:

Thank you everyone for the kind messages! Getting a head cold this week sure isn't helping my symptoms, they are flaring up pretty good yesterday and today. Why do I always find myself suffering worse on these anniversary days?

I'm sorry so many of us are having such a difficult time, sending healing thoughts for all of you.

Lots can change in 6 months so I'll keep going and see what 24 months brings. I'm feeling exactly how Lostdog describes feeling at 18-20 months. Here's a quote form his success story:

"Between 18 and 20 months I was on autopilot. I just kept going, feeling like it would never completely go away and I would never be the same again."

By 22 months he was healed  :thumbsup:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=84857.0

Inadaze, I just randomly popped on tonight and saw your post. Hey buddy, Im with you (still) :)

Im slightly ahead of you at nineteen months...getting a few windows here and there now, finally, I do feel like things have started getting better, still fairly disabled with all the damage that has been done with the stress of this withdrawal but there have been changes.

so heres to us both and our next six months. The most brutal experience ever!

Btw, adrenal glandulars and seriphos are what made me make a huge shift from hell to windows for me

Praying for you!

Thank you! I am accepting all prayers as the horrible emotional crying has come back heavily. I see you are having trouble with lorazepam. Feel free to message any time for help :thumbsup:

Inadaze, I just randomly popped on tonight and saw your post. Hey buddy, Im with you (still) :)

Im slightly ahead of you at nineteen months...getting a few windows here and there now, finally, I do feel like things have started getting better, still fairly disabled with all the damage that has been done with the stress of this withdrawal but there have been changes.

so heres to us both and our next six months. The most brutal experience ever!

Btw, adrenal glandulars and seriphos are what made me make a huge shift from hell to windows for me

Dubjam!!! Wow, I am thrilled to hear from you my friend! And you have positive news, something to get me to smile a bit on this rough day.

It has surely been "The most brutal experience ever!" but I feel some changes and it's bound to be over at some point. Hopefully both of us will be running, biking and all around back to normal in another 6 months. Or at least closer to it.

Thanks so much for the update, it's great to see the progress of some of the "old-timers". Take care!  :thumbsup:

Looking at your info:

"20 years of assorted psych meds for moderate anxiety with few problems. Put on 8 or 9 in succession in 2012. No longer worked, made me worse. Klonopin to calm the damage of the other drugs. K damn near killed me. Done with all of it."

"Klonopin 0.5 mg/day Oct 2012"

"Stop cold-turkey March 15 2013"

"Moderate-heavy derealization, physical feeling of anxiety (improving), breathing issues, muscle tightness (mostly gone), exercise intolerance (gone), light tinnitus, nausea, fatigue"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'd say you're doing great, especially on no meds at all after so many decades of psych stuff and the benzos.

You cold turkey folks do challenge your brains/cns a bit.  ;)

You're healing.. time is on your side, my friend.  :)

- Slappy

The wondrous thing is after so many years of benzos, you've put them in the rear view mirror for 18 months!!!!

I know how frustrating it is waiting for recovery but you just never know when a fantastic window will open up once again and stay open forever. 

I'm proud of you for all you've done for your future health, you are getting there Daze, you really are.

PG  :smitten:

Hi there

I am an 18-monther too. I sure hope we get better real soon. I have been worse the past few months.  :'(

Time is the only answer.

Hugs

LF  :smitten:

Thanks everyone for helping me keep things in perspective. Things have improved in 18 months but it is not uncommon to not be healed by this time.

I'll keep crawling along like a tortoise. Please roll me back over when I get stuck upside-down  :D

• 2 months later...

The title of this thread really speaks to me. I'm at 18 months and two days off, and the floaty-boat dizziness still has such a grip on me that I'm distraught. I'm looking for the light here. I'm glad to have found BB, though, since without everyone else's info and perspective, it would have been impossible to understand how such torture can continue for so long.

Let's hope for healing soon... for all of us!

Thank you! And today's a less-dizzy day so I have a chance to feel a little better, a little more normal. Maybe, just maybe, I'm closer to the end! Oh please, oh please, oh please......!!