Close to Last Dose... I am Putting this up for a Vote

[...]

I am closing in on my last dose. I am down to .4mg/day Valium. I have skipped every other dose for the last two days.

So, should I stop it here, keep .4mg for another 5 days or drop to .2mg? I am inclined to stop it right here and brave out whatever w/d symptoms might occur.

So, what do you all think?

:yippee:

Hi, Riz.  You must be so excited to be so close to the end of phase of recovery.  ;D

Okay, since you put in terms of a vote, I vote to drop to 2mg .2mg every day for 5-7 days and then stop altogther.  I don't know why - I was never on valium - but you asked.  ;)  With your attitude, I think you will do well whichever way you decided to go off.  :thumbsup:

Hi, Riz.  You must be so excited to be so close to the end of phase of recovery.  ;D

Okay, since you put in terms of a vote, I vote to drop to 2mg every day for 5-7 days and then stop altogther.  I don't know why - I was never on valium - but you asked.  ;)  With your attitude, I think you will do well whichever way you decided to go off.  :thumbsup:

Beeps - did you mean .2mg?

Riz- sound like you are on the cusp of breaking through.  You have done great so far listening to your body, so my vote is follow your instincts.  You will know when you are ready.  Great job buddy  :thumbsup:

Keith

Okay, since you put in terms of a vote, I vote to drop to 2mg every day for 5-7 days and then stop altogther.  I don't know why - I was never on valium - but you asked.  ;)  With your attitude, I think you will do well whichever way you decided to go off.  :thumbsup:

Beeps - did you mean .2mg?

Riz- sound like you are on the cusp of breaking through.  You have done great so far listening to your body, so my vote is follow your instincts.  You will know when you are ready.  Great job buddy  :thumbsup:

Keith

:oops: Thanks for the catch, Keith.  :thumbsup:

ALRIGHT!!!!! I'M JUMPING IN!!!!

I'm gonna go for it. This being the case then Friday was my last dose. I am then 24 hours into FREEDOM!!!!!

If everything remains true then I should expect (according to my situation) some w/d symptoms within 9 days from today. I am not talking IBS but rather anxiety and cold sweats. This is what I got when I went cold turkey and when my cuts were too rapid (but only in the beginning).

In fact, I am expecting light symptoms. If they are as light as I expect then I am going to brave the w/d through and report as to what it is like.

WISH ME LUCK GANG!!!

:D:yippee:

I'm gonna go for it. This being the case then Friday was my last dose. I am then 24 hours into FREEDOM!!!!!

Since you are going for it, I'm heading for the Celebrations board.  There's no turning back now!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/beeper0002/BBuddies/fingers_crossed.gif

If everything remains true then I should expect (according to my situation) some w/d symptoms within 9 days from today. I am not talking IBS but rather anxiety and cold sweats. This is what I got when I went cold turkey and when my cuts were too rapid (but only in the beginning).

In fact, I am expecting light symptoms. If they are as light as I expect then I am going to brave the w/d through and report as to what it is like.

WISH ME LUCK GANG!!!

Best of luck Riz  :thumbsup:  You have a good perspective and I agree with your expectations of expecting light symptoms.  For what it is worth, my symptoms, after jumping off, were very similar to what I experienced after my last cut.  Nothing like the early cuts, which were much worse.  I only got hit one time about 5 weeks off, it was unexpected but very manageable. 

Good luck and congrats!

Keith

Congratulations Riz!!!! I know it's scary but you can do it!!! I had a few intermittent symptoms for a while but nothing bad. And I was a huge worrywart about the whole thing.

rufus

Riz,

congrats on being free, just keep moving forward and let the w/d s come and go, your body and mind is finally healing and ready to live and be you again. :clap:

Hi Riz,

It seems like we are about in the same area of stopping benzos. I stopped 5 days ago and I'm glad to get on with the healing. I have learn a life lesson in that never take a doctors recommendation when It comes to taking meds, always do your research before taking anything. I would like to hear more about how your feeling and I would like to share my experiences with you if that might help you.

Hope you get better soon,

Richard   

Well, here is an an update:

5 days into last dose and I am just experiencing:

- IBS

- Insomnia

- The physical manifestation of anxiety... in my chest

Nothing too major and not as severe as when I had some deep tapers.

I want to point out that, once I disassociated the physical feels of anxiety from emotion, I realized that this is just that... a slightly uncomfortable physical feeling!!!! It goes a long way towards ignoring the anxiety.

I expected to have some w/d though by my experience and my spreadsheet, I expected this at day 9 not day 5. However, forewarned is forearmed.

Point being that, knowing what to expect, makes it all the more tolerable. In fact, I welcome this because it tells me that I am at the tail end... Of all of it. The w/d is an indicator of where I am at. What this means is that I am in the first stages of being free. The next one is being w/d symptom free. I have that to look forward to.

Understanding is the key to making this tolerable.

I'll keep everyone up to date.

Much Thanks,

Bernie