Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Help with titrate please

[40...]

[40...]

I really would like to start titrating I'm currently stuck at dry cutting at 1mg need to stop adding in that 1/4 pill when needed!!!!

klonopin 1mg per day .5 am  .5 pm

Can i just use a regular cup?

all I have is a cup 100ml starting at 10ml's :sick:

Will this work?

Was at 1mg Friday .5am .5pm

Saturday last night }am.5  pm.5 then took 1/4 of a .5 at 4am...shouldn't have done that!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Co...]

• [...]

• [Be...]

• [Ke...]

There is no need for a full-blown titration schedules. Full schedules are useful because otherwise it would be difficult to know our taper rate.

In you situation, taking two tablets per day, if you titrate just one of you tablets, you will be able to split it into tenths with your equipment. One-tenth of one of your two tablets is a twentieth of your daily dose, or 5%. So, if you would like to taper at 10% every two weeks, make a new cut every week (10ml). Or, if you would like to taper at 10% every 10 days, make a new cut (10ml) every 5 days.

Do you have any questions?

If you take two pills per day, titrate one, and split the other, as you would normally. Make up the titrated dose in the morning, with one whole pill. Dispose of 10ml from the 100ml, and drink (and divide) the remaining 90ml over your day, in as many separate doses as you require. When you are ready, make a new cut by disposing of 20ml, and drinking the remaining 80ml.

Hey Cathy-

Wishing you well with the titration- it should smooth things out for you a bit.  Please let us know how it is working for you.

Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:

Keith

[40...]

Colin,

I read in someone else's post who was tapering from 1 mg of klon same as me

.5 am  .5pm  and you suggested to take one 1/2 of the pill with 1/2 of the liquid mixture

and then the same in pm....

does it matter?

[40...]

Colin,

If I'm having a hard time getting stable on 1mg would it be better to get a 100 ml cylinder and cut more gradually then doing it 10 ml's every two weeks?

I just got to 1mg 2 days ago from 1.125 and I'm having a really hard time of it.

If you say stick with what you said can I clarify it?

Take a .5 pill crush it and drink all of it for 2 weeks then take out 10ml's

Then 20ml's Then 30  e.t.c.......Sorry I didn't ask these questions last night

I guess I think better with 3 hrs sleep :pokey:just kidding this is horrible I can't believe I'm on the computer at this time of the morning.

Thanks in Advance,

Cathy

Hi Kathy,

It would be sensible to stabilise on your present dose before cutting. There is no point it titrating one of your pills and then drink all of the liquid - you may as well just use two (split) pills over the day. When you are ready to make a cut, then titrate one pill, and dispose of 10ml from the 100ml - this will be your first cut.

Of course, you could go slower by using a more accurate measuring cylinder with smaller graduations, but your present system is probably sufficient (it would be for most people). Frankly, 100ml, with 1ml increments is overkill for the vast majority. You could start with your present setup, and change to a more sensitive cylinder later, if the need arises. As things stand, 10ml from 100ml (titrating just one of your two tablets), represents a cut of 5%. To put this into perspective, most people make cuts of about 10% when pill-splitting.

[40...]

Colin,

Thank you so much for your reply :)

so when I do make that 1st cut I would take out 10ml's of the liquid everyday for 10/14 days

then 2nd cut 20ml's

3rd 40ml's.......and so on until "nothing "and repeat with the 2nd pill??

Sorry for all the questions I know this is supposed to be easy but I just want to be 100% sure :thumbsup:

Thank you so Much

Cathy :)

[40...]

Hi Colin,

I was wondering since I'm having a hard time dry cutting this 1/4 of a .5 mg pill

can I just add it with the .5 mg pill and titrate from that point?

And I would still extract 10ml's correct?

Hi Cathy,

Sorry, I thought you were taking 1mg per day (two 0.5mg pills), but I now see that you take two-and-a-quarter pills per day.

OK. Instead, take two pills (untitrated, and divided how you wish over the day), and use a WHOLE third pill for titration. Make up 100ml and drink just 20ml. Since 25ml from 100ml would be a quarter of a pill, 20ml will represent your first small cut. Reduce to 10ml after a few days, and then go down to just two pills per day after this. When ready, you would start titrating one whole pill (drinking 90ml from 100ml) in addition to one whole untitrated pill.

I hope this clear. I'm sure someone else will help if you don't understand. It is very late for me, so i must go.

Nite.

[40...]

Hi Colin,

Thank you Again for your time ;)

I guess 10% over 7 days sounds good.

I really appreciate this.

So glad I found this site-What a great thing you do for people :)

Cathy

Hi Cathy,

Here's your spreadsheet: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-cathy1211-2008-11-12.html

Always create 100ml of liquid, but drink just the amount indicated from the 100ml. Always use one whole pill when preparing the 100ml of liquid. The number of the tabs (tablets) column is the number of additional tablets you take in addition to your liquid dose.

Add the following code to your signature:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-cathy1211-2008-11-12.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

Please print off a copy of the above.

If you wish, instead of disposing of 80ml from the 100ml (and making up a new batch each day) you could make a batch last two or three days instead (when you are drinking a relatively small amount of the 100ml). Don't make a batch last for too long, of course, as the milk will go off. Just drink the amount indicated by the schedule each day.

And, if you ever feel the schedule is creating too much of strain upon you, just stabilise your dose for a while.

Cathy -  :thumbsup:When you start titrating, could you copy and paste that spreadsheet address link into your signature box?  As you go along, it will help everyone know where you are in your taper.  Thanks.

Never hesitate to hold for a few days if you feel very bad.  It is better to stabalize and wait then to hurry the process.  I learned this from being to anxious myself to get off this stuff.  I was little bit too much of a hurry and ended up having to hold a dose for a week.  This shouldn't be necessary, but it was because I doubled what I was susposed to be cutting.  Very dumb...learn from my mistake and take your time. :)

[40...]

Hi Cathy,

Here's your spreadsheet: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-cathy1211-2008-11-12.html

Always create 100ml of liquid, but drink just the amount indicated from the 100ml. Always use one whole pill when preparing the 100ml of liquid. The number of the tabs (tablets) column is the number of additional tablets you take in addition to your liquid dose.

Add the following code to your signature:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-cathy1211-2008-11-12.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

Please print off a copy of the above.

If you wish, instead of disposing of 80ml from the 100ml (and making up a new batch each day) you could make a batch last two or three days instead (when you are drinking a relatively small amount of the 100ml). Don't make a batch last for too long, of course, as the milk will go off. Just drink the amount indicated by the schedule each day.

And, if you ever feel the schedule is creating too much of strain upon you, just stabilise your dose for a while.

so I can just drink from one dose for 2 or 3 days? 2 at the most???

Hi Cathy,

Yeah, since you are only drinking 20ml from the 100ml, this leaves 80ml, so you may as well use one batch for two or three days. Saves wasting so many pills. Just be sure to give the liquid a good stir before you remove each dose. ;)