Anyone had eye floaters, but not anymore?

[Gi...]

I had this problem many years ago and they did go away.  They did return again during my taper this year, but they seem to be on there way out again.

That's weird... it must be the way your eye focuses due to some kind of w/d sx?  I only notice them if I am in bright sunlight and focus on something very close, or am looking at the sky (playing baseball or something).  They're always there, I guess it's just a matter of how your eye perceives them... they are kind of solid pieces of the aqueous membrane that makes up most of your eyeball that form while you are in the womb.  With some people they get worse with age, but I don't think they ever get better, which if they get better and worse during w/d leads me to believe it must be something either in your visual cortex causing you to notice them more (heightened arousal to visual stimuli) or maybe the way your eye is focused, letting in more light?

I had a great big floater in my left eye that looked like a spaceship with something hanging down from it. It was like a 3-D screen drawing and it was driving me nuts. That was in April and it's completely gone now. The eye doctor said they can and often do break up and dissipate. I guess what you're seeing is a shadow of small matter that's either on or behind your cornea (can't remember which). Anyway, I believe the explanation is that they may just break up into smaller particles that don't create as big of shadows and become less or unnoticeable. So, there is hope.

Also, when it was bad and still bugging me, I researched and found a doctor in the U.S. that has pioneered a process to zap and burn the matter with a teeny/tiny laser. Very few doctors will do this (I think there was perhaps one other) and the one I'm thinking about has a special type of laser created to do this. He's done a few thousand of these procedures, though I believe it was fairly expensive... like a few thousand dollars. Also, I believe that most medical insurance will not cover this.

Here's the link, if you're interested. You may want to watch the video of him zapping floaters with his little laser gun -- it's pretty fascinating.

http://www.eyefloaters.com/

Good luck with this very annoying symptom,

Albie

With some people they get worse with age, but I don't think they ever get better

I can assure you that they do get better and do go away.  Again, we are all different but mine most certainly did go away and stayed away.  I had problems with eye floaters about eight years ago, but they disappeared completely as soon as I began to feel better.  Now, eight years later, I am going through a smilier experience with benzo withdrawal and the eye floaters made another guest appearance.  But since jumping off, they are slowly beginning to disappear again.

Many members suffer from eye floaters during their withdrawal, and equally as many have reported that this annoying s/x does abate and go away with time.

Sorry- to clarify, I mean physically they are still there.  I think it's an issue of perception caused by either heightened light sensitivity or overall increased visual stimulation causing you to notice them more.  But the physical objects that comprise floaters are always there and don't go away, unless you burn them with a laser.

For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

I was bored recently and looked this up while I was waiting in the car while my wife was on a job interview, I was noticing them because it was so bright outside.  Oh iPhone, what won't you teach me?

edit: Or maybe I'm wrong according to Beeper's doc?  I dunno, I guess there are different kinds, I'm just going by the sort that I seem to have which don't really bother me any that I think are the kind most people have.

Sorry- to clarify, I mean physically they are still there.  I think it's an issue of perception caused by either heightened light sensitivity or overall increased visual stimulation causing you to notice them more.  But the physical objects that comprise floaters are always there and don't go away, unless you burn them with a laser.

For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

I was bored recently and looked this up while I was waiting in the car while my wife was on a job interview, I was noticing them because it was so bright outside.  Oh iPhone, what won't you teach me?

Thanks, Dogen  :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for your answers...I guess I just have to wait this one out... >:(

I will give it some time...Hope it will be better soon...

Have a great day*** ;)