Important Survey - Please Participate ×

The Journey from Hell to Recovery...in 13 Months.

[Ca...]

• 7 months later...

Bump

I thought this was a good Success Story, so I'm bumping this thread.

He wrote a lot of good suggestions and things he did that helped him. I thought there were some good points in what he wrote.

Keep having Hope, Dream and Believe we will heal.

• 2 weeks later...

TimeforaChange...check out my earlier posts for the recipe I posted for the green smoothies.  I think they may really help you, as they have helped me.  I have found to stay off of fruits, as suggested by my naturopath, as they have too many sugars.  The fat from avocado and coconut oil, etc. in the green smoothie recipe will help rebuild and strengthen the brain.

Blessings to you...my prayers for healing are with you.

CareBear

To all of you who may be in despair...and you feel as though you may be at the end of your rope, YOU WILL GET BETTER.

If you read my posts and history, I was not able to work for over a year with my successful business I owned for 15 years.  It was devastating.  I felt alone...didn't know what to do...didn't know where to turn for help.  All from the benzos that a doctor prescribed to help me sleep.

I had been a very low dosage for only three months, but the issue was that I tapered much too quickly when I made the decision to get off the stuff.

It took at least 12 months for me to feel much better...about 90-95%.  Once in a while, the symptoms would come up, but over time, the occurrences are much less frequent and with much less severity, to the point of being slightly noticeable and annoying.

Today, I am symptom-free.  As I look back, this journey was quite difficult, but I kept moving forward...seeking answers...asking questions...asking for help from close friends and family.  If you keep moving forward day by day, and ask for help from the support group around you, and ask help from God, Creator, your Higher Power, the Collective Unconscious, or whatever you need to do bring you the help you need, you WILL receive the help you need.

After doing EFT Tapping weekly with a highly skilled practitioner who does EFT/Meridian Tapping differently than nearly all other practitioners, my healing accelerated on all levels...physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually.  I have started again with my business, and building a new second business to help people achieve their hopes, dreams, and wishes.

And know this...while it does not FEEL like it, because the benzos TRICK the mind to thinking abnormal thoughts (KEEP REMINDING YOURSELF OF THAT), know that you are stronger than any of it.  You are truly more powerful that anything that may come your way, regardless of how it FEELS.  And know that you will come out of this bigger, stronger, and more powerful than before you started the journey with benzos.  Because I have...I know this to be possible for you.

You can achieve anything you want in your life...and ALL things are possible.  Know the truth of this...remind yourself of this every day, throughout the day...and remove yourself from any source that tells you others.  Tell them you simply do not want to hear it, and ask for what supports you in who you truly are:  boundless, powerful, magical, and amazing.

You were created to move mountains in this life.  You were not called to suffer your entire life.  I am with each of you who is suffering from benzos, and my prayer today and every day is that and that you be lifted in spirit.  May you be healed on all levels...in body, mind, and spirit.  May you be truly blessed with vitality, wellness, and abundance.

You will not only make it...you will THRIVE.  This is your destiny.

Dear Carebear,

This is a beautiful message of hope. Thank you. I am so happy you have rediscovered your joy! That is what I miss the most....the simple beauty so abundant in my life. It's still there....I am waiting for it to reveal itself.

I am grateful you came back to spread grand news...enjoy it all!

Love,

Carita

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this...I am starting to add positive self-talk to my regimen.  Today I woke up without lower rib pain (only upper) so that is where I will start!

Wow, this is full of so many amazing tips!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write all of this! I keep reading the success stories for hope - I'm so happy for you!!

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
This is awesome! Many say "time is all you need", but I've always suggested most of these things, not just to cope, but to help heal - prayer, nutrition, positivity, etc. I'm sure you're loving life! Congratulations!

• 3 months later...

Carebear,

First off, I'd like to congratulate you for being benzo and drug free! I'm so glad to hear that you're doing even better than before. Your success story is currently one of my favorites to read during my own withdrawal and it's so inspiring to better myself.

Thank you so much for sharing this and enjoy your wonderful life!

-CR