Author Topic: ~~The Bedridden Club~~  (Read 82008 times)

[Buddie]

Re: ~~The Bedridden Club~~
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 12:22:30 am »
[...],

Im in bed right now as I type, I will certainly check out those success stories!

I know in reality being bed ridden for months from a slow benzo taper is [...] rare, it's hard not to want to compare ones situation with another but in the end its pointless. I know we each have 1000 variables that could affect our personal experience but it's comforting to see we are not alone. Im curious, have you had any medical testing done?

Time - I too spent a lot of time in bed during my taper, at the time my main issue was a flu like sick feeling that made me nausious when sitting up.

Hope everyone can feel better soon!

[...]

I was tested extensively BEFORE I started my taper.  I have been very ill for years due to tolerance withdrawal.  I had all sorts of health problems including pre-diabetic, hypothyroid and a positive ANA (lupus).  It was all caused by the poison.   Of this I am sure.  I will get retested when I start to feel better, but I'm not worried at all.  I'm not telling you not to get tested.   Medical testing can be a lifesaver!   Just try not to overthink the symptoms after you've been given the all clear. 

I don't have the energy or inclination to write all the physical symptoms I have gone through.  Lostdog gives a detailed list of his personal hell.  Except for spontaneous bleeding, I've had the rest.  This just sucks.  That being said, things are getting a tiny bit better.   :). We'll get there!

:smitten:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2014, 12:24:39 am »
Hi Time,

The most important thing is to be kind to yourself.  Take others advice with a grain of salt.  Chances are those who are out in the world vigorously exercising and working are not experiencing the same withdrawal symptoms as you.  Don't beat yourself up; concentrate on healing.   And don't waste your time comparing your taper to others. 

:thumbsup:

[...],

Hope you are feeling a bit better.

[...]  :smitten:

Hey [...]!!

I'm so happy you went to Walmart!  That is the ultimate challenge for benzo brain!  And on a Saturday, no less?   You are brave, woman!

Hugs,

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2014, 04:10:58 am »
[...],

Im in bed right now as I type, I will certainly check out those success stories!

I know in reality being bed ridden for months from a slow benzo taper is [...] rare, it's hard not to want to compare ones situation with another but in the end its pointless. I know we each have 1000 variables that could affect our personal experience but it's comforting to see we are not alone. Im curious, have you had any medical testing done?

Time - I too spent a lot of time in bed during my taper, at the time my main issue was a flu like sick feeling that made me nausious when sitting up.

Hope everyone can feel better soon!

[...]

[...]
I spend most of my time in bed too, on good days I can go out for a walk, but most of the time I am in bed with my computer and TV.Started hating my bedroom so moved to the guest bedroom for a change of scenery.After I am done the first thing I am going to do is change the wall color in my bedroom and redecorate.
So you are not alone extreme fatigue is not rare during w/d.
Be well.
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2014, 04:30:53 am »
Hi, joining in because though not bedridden, I am housebound most of the time and couch ridden. Can still walk short distances and stand for short periods but if too much my legs hurt like a bitch. This is unreal. And real depressing. Can't wait for the rest of my taper (not).

Ks

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2014, 06:53:27 am »
Hi, joining in because though not bedridden, I am housebound most of the time and couch ridden. Can still walk short distances and stand for short periods but if too much my legs hurt like a bitch. This is unreal. And real depressing. Can't wait for the rest of my taper (not).

Ks

Feel lucky you aren't bedridden. I'm bedridden and I've only been on the crap for a month, and I haven't even started my first cut.  If I stand up for too long my heart starts racing like I just ran a mile, my muscles ache like I worked out at the gym for too many hours and they twitch like crazy.  Isn't this fun?!

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 06:32:49 pm »
[...] I am exactly where you r but also as someone else stated--I feel safe there--I think some of it is depression--My nephew hung himself in July--the same month my dr decided to retire after 20 yrs of prescribing diazepam --and the party started--I also met the love of my life around that time and so so many mixed emotions going on--My love died dec 10--Some days are so hard--and I think if this is where I feel safe and can cope with my inner and outer mayhem--Im going to--I do worry about lack of exercise--other than my weekly or less if I can swing it--grocery trips--but other times i just dont care.. Do I need anti-depressant meds--no--why mask real sorrow and loss--Instead of knocking on the door--just go in--walk thru it--because sooner or later you will have to. I am wounded--and trying to heal--no big deal--the phoenix will rise from the ashes--its not if--it is when!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2014, 01:23:40 am »
It's a shame to see so many having this problem. This is very random but I'm glad to announce the past two days I have been bed free! I guess it's a window? It's about time considering I have barely had a break since before Christmas.

It's hard to bring positivity in to this group, I mean what is positive about being in bed day after day?  :sick:    Anyone see any good movies etc? I guess we can only do so much from bed.. I try to talk to friends on the phone as much as I can.

Hope everyone is hanging in there!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2014, 09:29:08 am »
hey [...],

i got hit hard this time. i am back on the couch (bed ridden) again mostly during the day. i do get up between 2pm-5pm and eat something and try to go for a little walk. i just started stretching my body for the first time in 20 months. whhoa! still [...] limber though. i know i probably scare a few folks but i'm not gonna sugar coat what is going on with me. either i will heal or i won't. but the general consensuous around here no matter how long one is away from their last benzo and other drugs is we do all heal!

so that's what i am going by daily. sorry i haven't been able to chat more with you these days. you know i will when a window hits. and i am praying all the time that it does. i hope you're doing a little better. thank God for my creative mind and fantasy as it helps when one is bed ridden for so many months in a row. i know things will start changing for me when i am able to actually sleep more than 45 minutes during the night hours when you humans are mostly sleeping.  ???

ciao and cheers! :smitten:
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2014, 08:15:06 pm »
Ohhh [...], I certainly feel for you. When you mention not talking much during a wave have no worries, if anyone understands I do. How many friends I have said the exact same thing to ? "When I get real sick i just cant talk". It's so horrible in yet eventualy we always come out of it. I had a two day window, first decsent one since before Christmas. Im in bed right now as the WD has returned... Its always scary wondering if its going to get better or worse this time around ?

I dont think you should sugarcoat anything, anyone reading needs to underatand we all experience something a little different. I have yet to find anyone with my exact set of symptoms and im sure you feel the same. Regardless we all suffer in our own ways and we will all heal in our own ways.

Im always here so when you have a window come say hello :)

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2014, 06:22:30 am »
i most certainly will [...]!

yeah, i can't even have the family around when i am like this. it's still going on too. just horrible. i sure hope this is healing  :-\ i've never not been able to 'chat' on my blog and i still haven't. just a few threads here and there. i'm glad you had a two day window. that means you are healing. my last 2 hour window was the first week on Dec. otherwise i've been dealing with this.

trying my best to be in acceptance mode. and still on my couch (bed) mostly all day.

talk soon,
[...]