Author Topic: ~~The Bedridden Club~~  (Read 82051 times)

[Buddie]

Re: ~~The Bedridden Club~~
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 02:13:17 am »
Lol...mine was a couch, but for months I went from bed to couch to bed again.  My hairstyle was a snarled up knot of hair in back, I wore sweats 24/7 and showered every couple of days.  Hated exposing my skin to air or water of any temperature,

Just recently I realized I loved showers again, long hot showers that could go on forever, they felt so good.

I'm now 21 months out after 31 years of prescription use and doing [...] good.  No complaints except a slight lack of energy still.

[...]  ;)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 02:34:10 am »
I just had 2 days of the bedridden benzo flu CFS sx & it brought back those many many months of groundhog day existence.

[...], all my sx were physical & probably because I am a 2nd time rounder after a bad CT, complete healing is taking some time.

I found it a real boost once I started getting windows of complete normality, (it's always been extremes for me, perfectly fine or completely trashed).

Wishing you all enough windows to restore your faith in full healing.

[...], I also did a good rats nest in back but somehow the idea of having to shave my head was enough of a motivator to drag out the comb every 5 days or so.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 11:05:00 pm »
Sounds rough!

[...], I know what you mean by getting slack with image, I didn't shave for 2 months, haha.. Needless to say I looked like a hobo but it was kind of interesting ;)  Now I'm clean cut again and like to think I can go back to being Mr. Stud when all this clears :) haha..  ;D  I will be a new man!

:thumbsup:

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2014, 04:00:08 pm »
Hey [...],

Checking in to see how you are doing, my bedridden friend.   I thought more people would have been here by now, but I guess not very many get this sick.   If you are feeling despair, please read the success stories of cedartree and lostdog.  They were both extremely ill and bedridden for months.  Yet both have made complete and full recoveries WITHOUT being horribly blindsided by rogue waves months or years down the line.   I still believe pain = healing in the respect that our bodies are adapting and changing neural pathways.  We both did slow and sensible tapers; we will start to see real progress soon.

:smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2014, 07:23:10 pm »
I'm [...] much bedridden right now too, might be for the rest of my taper. I feel safer in my bedroom and while I know this isn't "healthy" I feel like my body is telling me to rest right now. When I try to push too much I get very anxious and feel anxiety so most of my time is spent in bed on my laptop.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 07:41:54 pm »
Hi Time,

The most important thing is to be kind to yourself.  Take others advice with a grain of salt.  Chances are those who are out in the world vigorously exercising and working are not experiencing the same withdrawal symptoms as you.  Don't beat yourself up; concentrate on healing.   And don't waste your time comparing your taper to others. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 11:53:01 pm »
[...],

Im in bed right now as I type, I will certainly check out those success stories!

I know in reality being bed ridden for months from a slow benzo taper is [...] rare, it's hard not to want to compare ones situation with another but in the end its pointless. I know we each have 1000 variables that could affect our personal experience but it's comforting to see we are not alone. Im curious, have you had any medical testing done?

Time - I too spent a lot of time in bed during my taper, at the time my main issue was a flu like sick feeling that made me nausious when sitting up.

Hope everyone can feel better soon!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 12:00:01 am »
Hang in there [...],

I was able to walk in Walmart yesterday.  It does get better.

Hang in there,

[...]  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 12:01:51 am »
Great to hear [...] :)  Ill let you know when im back in walmart myself  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 12:03:46 am »
Hi Time,

The most important thing is to be kind to yourself.  Take others advice with a grain of salt.  Chances are those who are out in the world vigorously exercising and working are not experiencing the same withdrawal symptoms as you.  Don't beat yourself up; concentrate on healing.   And don't waste your time comparing your taper to others. 

:thumbsup:

[...],

Hope you are feeling a bit better.

[...]  :smitten: