Inner vibrations just wont stop

[Is...]

Hi all,

I really need to know that I am not alone.  The inner vibrations are relentless and never stop for the last 11 months. I feel the vibrations all over. My feet, heart, stomach and my brain, every part of my body including pins and needles.

Do you still have inner vibrations?  Please let me know if you still have inner vibration.  For how long ?

I need to know I am not alone.  Please it is so bad...

Love IsandGirl

Hi Island girl,

This symptom is known as akathisia. It is probably the most common symptom and is a particular characteristic in benzo withdrawal ( even on Wikipedia it says this!). I am tapering and starting to have it as well. I also had it a year ago when I cold turkeyed a med that affected GABA. It lasted about as long as I was on the drug, almost a month I think. Sorry I couldn't be more help. I know it is a very awful feeling and literally makes people to insane! :sick:

Ks

Hi Ks1994,

Thanks for reponding. There is a fine line between akathisia and high axiety. All of the akathisia literature and web sites describe inner restlessness,  but none mention inner vibration.  I am convinced that inner vibration is not akathisia. When I get hit hard with akathisia I must walk for days.

Another reason I do not feel that the inner vibration is akathisia is because, I occasional take and a/d and when I do the innervibration lessons for a day then ramps up again..Anyone know why this helps?

Thank you so much for writing, regardless what it is called the vibrations are more intense every day. Anyone else?

love islandgirl

I wonder if it is serotonin or adrenaline related then. The antidepressant heightens serotonin effects, which in turn heightens epinephrine

i don't have akathisia but i still have the inner vibrations. even after all this time. they are starting to lessen more and more each day but in very small increments.

i am wondering about magnesium glycinate and the amino acid taurine for this symptom in particular although i'm having a hard time knowing if it's a good thing or not to take any supplements during this healing time from benzo's. since i am still kinda newly out--i'm still researching the idea. i'm  not taking anything right now.

but these vibrations along with the undulating and rocking boat sensation are getting really annoying.

mine do only from certain foods that are most likely high in glutamate such as the chocolate chip cookies i enjoy eating and peanut butter. but when i have a good dinner of chicken bone broth soup, vegetables, salad or fish i don't feel the vibration increase. my brain symptoms also start squeezing more violently when i eat foods high in glutamate, like instantly.

Pretty is right in every post.

I also have the inner vibrations along with the stabbing pains in my lower calf's and severe pins and needles, I had Akathisia in months 6 to 10 very bad and I had to keep moving and had terrible inner restlessness and anxiousness, the inner vibrations are not Akathisia, its a different symptom even though they are all withdrawal related.

Mine also gets worse after certain foods, I go weeks without any chocolate and then try again and every time I do I get the inner vibrations and stinging and burning and a feeling of inner physical anxiety.

Before benzos I could eat anything and loved chocolate and it makes me frustrated now that if I do I vibrate for hours after.

Stress also brings them on bad..

So yes I guess it is normal at 11 months off given im in my 14th month off..

Bless you

Woofs

[20...]

Accordingly it is good practice to demonstrate akathisia to patients, whenever an antipsychotic drug is prescribed. Patients who have been told that akathisia is harmless will usually not reject their medication then, if it does occur.

It is often when a second potentiating drug is added that akathisia ensues. At such times akathisia should always be demonstrated to the patient. Perhaps the commonest scenarios are: antipsychotic and antidepressant medication; and antidepressant and antinausea medication

Hi Woofs, 

Although I know you posted this article to share info with other members, I find some aspects of it very disturbing. They are essentially saying we know that certain drugs and/or specific drug combinations can result in akathisia, so lets show the patient what akasthisia looks like then they will be reassured that it's "normal".  Based on this it appears that the goal here is to increase patient compliance. How barbaric is that?  This type of rationale is what feeds into our over prescribed drug sick culture and to be honest it scares the heck out of me. Adverse drugs reactions and adverse drug interactions should be seriously considered. Perhaps some drugs and/or drug combinations should never be prescribed ever?

I acknowledge that there are some serious physical conditions and a few serious psychological diagnoses where some drugs or drug combinations have to be prescribed but I guarantee you that the above reasoning and resulting practice extends far beyond serious life threatening situations.

Thanks mandala  :)

Accordingly it is good practice to demonstrate akathisia to patients, whenever an antipsychotic drug is prescribed. Patients who have been told that akathisia is harmless will usually not reject their medication then, if it does occur.

It is often when a second potentiating drug is added that akathisia ensues. At such times akathisia should always be demonstrated to the patient. Perhaps the commonest scenarios are: antipsychotic and antidepressant medication; and antidepressant and antinausea medication

Hi Woofs, 

Although I know you posted this article to share info with other members, I find some aspects of it very disturbing. They are essentially saying we know that certain drugs and/or specific drug combinations can result in akathisia, so lets show the patient what akasthisia looks like then they will be reassured that it's "normal".  Based on this it appears that the goal here is to increase patient compliance. How barbaric is that?  This type of rationale is what feeds into our over prescribed drug sick culture and to be honest it scares the heck out of me. Adverse drugs reactions and adverse drug interactions should be seriously considered. Perhaps some drugs and/or drug combinations should never be prescribed ever?

I acknowledge that there are some serious physical conditions and a few serious psychological diagnoses where some drugs or drug combinations have to be prescribed but I guarantee you that the above reasoning and resulting practice extends far beyond serious life threatening situations.

Ya mandala

I agree, I copied the wrong article, sorry I will remove now.

Apologies

Woofs

[20...]

Hi Woofs, 

Ya mandala

I agree, I copied the wrong article, sorry I will remove now.

Apologies

Woofs

oh ok cool, and thanks  :thumbsup:

I've had both Akathisia and the inner vibrations that IslandGirl describes. There are very different things. The vibrations aren't a feeling of restlessness. The vibrations feel like you're sitting on a washing machine that's running...all the time. Akathisia feels like you want to jump out of your skin. They are very different.

For me the vibrations were one of the last things to go. As you said IslandGirl, they were relentless.

I found the more active I was the more active the vibrations were....and yes, even after eating. Eventually, I just had to get on with things and try to ignore them. They are temporary...and when they start to diminish it will feel wonderful.

Akathisia is a movement disorder.  Inner vibrations may accompany akathisia but they are two totally different things.  I never felt the need to move when I was suffering from inner vibrations.  I just felt the sensation of something moving inside my body.  This happened mainly in my legs and feet.  This was one of my last symptoms to leave and I wouldn't be surprised to see it sneak back in again someday in times of high stress.  I liken it to our CNS attempting to fire back up after being tamped down by the benzos.  Thank goodness mine was not painful, it was just weird and extremely bothersome.

[20...]

Hi all,

I really need to know that I am not alone.  The inner vibrations are relentless and never stop for the last 11 months. I feel the vibrations all over. My feet, heart, stomach and my brain, every part of my body including pins and needles.

Do you still have inner vibrations?  Please let me know if you still have inner vibration.  For how long ?

I need to know I am not alone.  Please it is so bad...

Love IsandGirl

Hi islandgirl

Yes I had this as well. Both the inner vibrations and the akathisia. I only experience the inner vibrations now when doing anything within a time constraint. As several others have shared it will get better as you heal. Hope you feel better soon.  :)

Well correct me if I'm wrong again, but pins and needles is Paresthesia...I'm 95% sure???because that was one of my first symptoms. Have it right now actually, in my legs

Talk about vibrations,

When I took a medrol dose pack and had a bad reaction my brain and body would not stop inner vibrating for 3 months until I took the k. It was like out of a science fiction movie. Then coming off of the k I had vibrations for about 4 months. Although they were not nearly as intense as when I had the reaction to the corticosteriods they are still a bother. I notice it mostly when falling asleep or it wakes me up out of a sleep. I feel for you and hope it leaves soon.

I want to thank all of you for the input. I know it sounds weird but it is nice to know I am not alone.  The inner vibrations never stop.  They shake everything. The worst is when they shake the brain. Does anyone have the inner vibrations in your ears?

This added to my plethra of other sever sxs I feel I cant make. 

Thanks fir the support.

Love IslandGirl