Introduction

[Su...]

Hello,

My name is Al and I am currently taking 0.5 mg of klonopin once daily. I joined this forum because I am tapering off of 2 mg daily and I have in so far made it to 0.5. mg daily within a period of three months or so. I am currently going through a ton of pain...while feeling both physically and mentally vulnerable. I am an Archaeologist by profession and thus require optimal cognitive awareness while writing academic articles as well as physical fitness due to fieldwork...I am finding the former to be most difficult. Additionally, I am feeling semi-catastrophic (anxiety) and I have also noticed that I am a bit more light sensitive. I want to make the next leap in order to complete the tapering process but I am kind of frightened.

Hello Suchascenicworld,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Congratulations on tapering down so far. I know it's not easy. I'm sorry to read about the trouble you're having.

I would suggest that you create a signature with your medication history. This will help our members help to support and advise you. You can do that by clicking here and following the instructions.

I know all of this is quite frightening but I can tell you that tapering from klonopin is very doable. I did it myself after having been on it for 7 years. Any symptoms you feel won't harm you and hopefully our members can help you with a withdrawal plan that will keep most of your symptoms manageable.

You might want to visit our General Taper Plans board for more information about how to proceed from here.

I'm glad you found us. Please remember, any symptoms you're feeling are just sensations and can't harm you in any way.

Best of luck,

Hope1962