Looking for help in Japan

[ti...]

Living in USA with Japanese wife who has been on benzos for 20+ years. They give them out like candy in japan. (and not so hard to get here either!)  I have recently found the info about benzo.org and now benzobuddies. Seeing that the guide has been translated into japanese gives me hope. Can someone reccomend a clinic or facility in Japan that is targeting benzo addiction ? Or, is there a doctor or institution in Japan that is know to be receptive? My wife's english and cultural familiarity has declined here, and I think she may have to do this in Japan rather than USA.

what she takes : alprazolam sometimes 5 x 0.5 mg + Clonazepam 1 or 2 x 20 mg + also Doral and something else from japan. sometimes all in the same day! every side effect has taken root in her and she is not the  same person any more.

Hello tiredofthis :hug:

Welcome to benzobuddies, I am sorry about your situation, I cant recommend a clinic in Japan, does your wife have a doctor who would help her taper these drugs safely. Your wife is taking 3 Benzodiazepines and they will need to be tapered slowly, Doral (Quazepam) is a benzodiazepine derivative, she will need to taper one drug at a time. You have put Clonazepam 2 x 20 mgs I am sure this has to be a mistake!!!!

I will post some links: Xanax (Alprazolam) Support Thread and The Klonopin (Clonazepam) Klub, we have a lot of knowledgeable members here who will give sound advice.

If you could read the Ashton Manual, I will put a link here for you: “Professor Ashtons Manual” It is an authoritative resource on benzodiazepines and how to withdraw, the general rule of thumb is to reduce between 5/10% every 10/14 days

Here is a link to the  “General Taper Plans”.

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice this link will show you how to”Create a signature”

Please let us know If you have any questions.

Welcome Aboard

Magrita

Hi tiredofthis,

this is a world wide problem, they give them out like candies in Europe as well.

Somehow , i have got the feeling they have more knowledge in the USA than

in Japan , just my thoughts.

however, a warm welcome from me too

and all the best to both of you

from claudia

p.s. there are 2 important links at my signature , which explain how these pills

affect out brain. worth reading i think.