How do you cope with the empty feeling?

[Je...]

Sometimes I feel a vast emptiness.  this is as opposed to feeling or worrying about something scary.

dementia, heart problems, going crazy...you name it, I worry about it.

Is the emptiness in between depression and feeling good?  Thoughts?

what is weird is that every day is different and you can bet what I feel today will not be what I feel tomorrow, or even later today.

How do you deal with the vast ocean of emptiness.  does it get better or is this all there is.

Good question, I ask myself the same thing over and over every day.

I see you where on Lamictal, how did you get on with that and did you have any problems going off it?

My doc keeps trying to get me to take it as they think based on my current symptoms I may be getting partial seizures.

I don't think I am but the symptoms of benzo withdrawal are so identical.

I hope someone else chimes in about the feeling of total emptiness and how they deal with it, but more importantly I would like to know that this feeling goes away once you heal?

Cheers

Woofs

I. am still on Lamictal.  it's one of the most benign meds I've ever been on. 

Some have said it's hard to get off of.  I figure xanax is my most serious problem.

By 'benign' I take it you mean good compared to other meds?

Do you mind me asking what you take it for? is it for partial Epilepsy?

Have you ever tried to come off it? how long you been on it?

I am 13 months off today and I have very intense DP DR and my doc says the Lamictal can help with DP DR whether its coming from partial seizures or benzo withdrawal anxiety?

Do you have any benzo withdrawal DP DR even thought you take Lamictal?

Cheers

Woofs

The emptiness terrified me.  I looked at my kids and couldn't feel anything.  I knew that was bad but I was so emotionally numb I couldn't care.  I think my emotions are blunted, frozen, just like the numbness on the skin on my face.  I can't feel my face and I can't feel my feelings.  Good news is my face is starting to feel in patches, just like when the anesthesia from the dentist starts to wear off.  And my feelings are thawing out the same way.  Hope this helps a little.

Woof, i went on lamictal about 10 years ago, as an add on to Lexapro.  It is somewhat calming in that it, in theory,  affects the transmission of glutamate which is an excitatory neuro-transmitter.

I still have all of the standard Xanax withdrawal symptoms, in sort of a rolling wave like action.

Lamictal isn't a magic solution for me for DP/DR.  I can't say whether or not it would help you.

I can't really tell i'm taking it...

Woof, i went on lamictal about 10 years ago, as an add on to Lexapro.  It is somewhat calming in that it, in theory,  affects the transmission of glutamate which is an excitatory neuro-transmitter.

I still have all of the standard Xanax withdrawal symptoms, in sort of a rolling wave like action.

Lamictal isn't a magic solution for me for DP/DR.  I can't say whether or not it would help you.

I can't really tell i'm taking it...

Thank you Jerryk

Sorry to change the subject of your thread, I was responding to your subject and then I saw you signature meds.

Thank you for been so helpful, like you I cant wait until I get all my real feelings back, the only feelings I get nowadays are fake and that is when im acting around normal foke, there pretend feelings but inside im empty and hollow, never had this in my life before..

Horrible way to live, the normal foke don't know how lucky they are to be not going through this, its an invisible hell.

Blessings and best wishes

Woofs

Some have said it's hard to get off of.  I figure xanax is my most serious problem.

HI:

I was on 400 mg daily of lamictal for 10 years. I did absolutely nothing for me; don't know why I was on it.  I dropped 100 mg per week. The only s/x I had was deep depression, and I've never been depressed before. Once the lamitcal was gone, so was my depression. But other than that, it was smooth sailing tapering off the drug. Betsy

HI:

I was on 400 mg daily of lamictal for 10 years. I did absolutely nothing for me; don't know why I was on it.  I dropped 100 mg per week. The only s/x I had was deep depression, and I've never been depressed before. Once the lamitcal was gone, so was my depression. But other than that, it was smooth sailing tapering off the drug. Betsy

Thankx Betsy

Why did you take it for so long if it did nothing for you? was it prescribed for a condition you thought you had or had?

My Neuro wants me to take it for partial seizure they think im having based on my current symptoms but all my EEG'S where clear.

I still think all my symptoms are benzo related as I never had DP DR before or while on benzos so it don't add up but I did have a small benign tumour diagnosed in August 2013 after begging for an MRI due to headaches, they said the tumour is not causing the headaches but think the tumour might be causing partial epilepsy and this is causing the DP DR.

I don't know what to think, im scared to take another med in case it still is all just withdrawal but then I also don't want to leave the seizures untreated if I am having them, but as said above, all my awake and sleep EEG's where 100% clear...

I could go on forever thinking its withdrawal waiting for the DP DR to go away and then it might not be the cause!!!

Confused.com

Woofs

The lamictal seemed to help wit AD induced agitation, so I stayed on it.  if it's not broke don't fix it.  a very low dose of lexapro and lamictal put my depression to bed, so I stayed on it. 

My mistake was using Xanax for sleep...  do I need this low dose of. lamictal, i cannot say...