Any hints for a tolerance withdrawal taper?

[ma...]

Or tolerance withdrawal?

Decided to start my taper. I guess I'm in tolerance withdrawal. Xanax isn't doing much even when I double the dose. I'm sick like with the stomach flu. Terrible insomnia and something like restless legs syndrome. Also overwhelming feelings of guilt and general freak outs. I think I'm going to crossover to Valium. Thankfully my xanax use was pretty small, at most .75 daily. Going to keep using propranolol and lots of magnesium. Hopefully I can eat soon.  And sleep. It's so important.

Xanax is a very short acting drug, hence the interdose withdrawal. I think switching over to valium is a good idea. Sorry your having such problems, but you might get more stabalized with the V. And it just may be withdrawal. You're on a low dose, which is very good. It will make your taper much faster, and thus, be rid of benzos. The withdrawal symptoms will go away. Keep the faith. Betsy

Xanax is a very short acting drug, hence the interdose withdrawal. I think switching over to valium is a good idea. Sorry your having such problems, but you might get more stabalized with the V. And it just may be withdrawal. You're on a low dose, which is very good. It will make your taper much faster, and thus, be rid of benzos. The withdrawal symptoms will go away. Keep the faith. Betsy

Thank you. This is just absolute hell. Almost checked myself into the mental hospital today. Then started looking at $30,000 Malibu detox centers. I just know despite the paradoxical and withdrawal symptoms I can't quickly detox. 

I see you are on BuSpar. How's that working for you?  I just got a rx for it today, but I have severe med fear so I don't want to take it. I also see you are taking doxy, not benadryl.  Is that a better choice? I had a weird reaction to benadryl when taken with cough medicine recently after never having issues. But a little could really help with my insomnia. Thanks again!