Shortness of breath

[Sm...]

Hi all

So I'm difficulty breathing. It started a few days ago and I mostly only noticed in yoga class. Now it is turning up outside of class.

I thought it might be the doxylamine so I ditched that. I haven't had it for maybe 40 hours.

Now I'm worried it is the valium. The one yoga class I didn't have breathing problems was the one I missed my morning dose.

I see breathing problems are a side effect of Valium but what do I do? Ventolin etc doesn't seem to help and I can't just stop taking the stuff. Has anyone had breathing issues on V and found a way around it?

Annoying because the taper was going so well.. always something to mess things up

Any help/advice appreciated

Much thanks

yup ,ALWAYS something to mix things up. i personally would seek medical attention for shortness of breath that was not temporary or part of what i felt was a panic attack.

but like everything else it is another symptom of thousands during a taper.

hope you feel better soon.

I have had shortness of breath on my taper with Valium. It is one of the withdrawal symptoms. I personally fined it comes on more right after I make a cut. I try to relax by breathing exercises.  I also find regular exercise also helps.

My taper was going great until I hit a lower dosage, then all the typical symptoms hit hard. My doctor told me to slow it down because it not in a race to get off them. This has helped me.

If shortness of breath continues when you exercise, it would not hurt to see your Doctor.

• 2 months later...
i have this too. i also get a sudden gasp of inhalation during sleep. anyone else have that? im even scared i have emphysema or lung cancer. kind of relieving to hear others have this too. i found this old thread http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=45901.0 they are talking about the same thing. I was scared but i know im too young at my mid 30s to have emphysema or lung cancer and i havent smoked a lot. maybe just 4 pack-years. 5 sticks or less per day for 16 years and very low on the last 5 years.

Hi all

So I'm difficulty breathing. It started a few days ago and I mostly only noticed in yoga class. Now it is turning up outside of class.

I thought it might be the doxylamine so I ditched that. I haven't had it for maybe 40 hours.

Now I'm worried it is the valium. The one yoga class I didn't have breathing problems was the one I missed my morning dose.

I see breathing problems are a side effect of Valium but what do I do? Ventolin etc doesn't seem to help and I can't just stop taking the stuff. Has anyone had breathing issues on V and found a way around it?

Annoying because the taper was going so well.. always something to mess things up

Any help/advice appreciated

Much thanks

its due to the gabaa receptors in our airways , it will pass in time, i was going to advise

the deep belly breathing excercise  (deep through your nose, hold for a count of 6 and

slowly out through your mouth again ),.

but since you do yoga you must be familiar with it already, this sx will come and go till

we have recovered, till our gabaas are back to normal.  :)