New titration schedule

[ho...]

I have been trying to get off of benzo's for two years. I've never been able to accomplish it. My dose on visiting your forum was 3/8 mg.per day. You suggested I crush 1/2 mg. of clonazepam into 100 ml. of milk (I have a 100 ml. bottle graduated in 10 ml. increments) and pour out 25 ml. to start as that would be the equivlent of 3/8 mg. I started at 75ml. almost a month ago. I take one less ml. every day. I am now at 50ml (equivalent to 1/4 mg). I can only add 50ml. of milk to the crushed tablet in my pill crusher. This is not very much milk to get all the residue clinging to the sides of the crusher. My question, do you see any problem using 100ml. of milk and 1/2 of the .5 mg tablets and reduce by 2ml. a day?

Thank you for your help and concern,

Hello Hope -

Just wanted to say hello and welcome you to the site.  I did not use titration during my taper, so I will defer to others here who are better versed than I.  Hang tite and someone will be by to comment.  Just wanted to let you know we saw you here and someone will drop by to help out. 

Glad you found us  :thumbsup:

Keith

I have been trying to get off of benzo's for two years. I've never been able to accomplish it. My dose on visiting your forum was 3/8 mg.per day. You suggested I crush 1/2 mg. of clonazepam into 100 ml. of milk (I have a 100 ml. bottle graduated in 10 ml. increments) and pour out 25 ml. to start as that would be the equivlent of 3/8 mg. I started at 75ml. almost a month ago. I take one less ml. every day. I am now at 50ml (equivalent to 1/4 mg). I can only add 50ml. of milk to the crushed tablet in my pill crusher. This is not very much milk to get all the residue clinging to the sides of the crusher. My question, do you see any problem using 100ml. of milk and 1/2 of the .5 mg tablets and reduce by 2ml. a day?

Thank you for your help and concern,

Hi, hope.  ;D

Sorry no one got to this earlier.  It's been a little busy here.

It sounds like what you are proposing results in the same daily reduction in the drug, so what you proposed should be fine.  In fact, good thinking!  You saw a problem and figured out a solution while still tapering. Impressive.  :thumbsup: