Zithromax

[co...]

this is a antibiotic that i was perscribed i have taken it before my question is do you think taking this would make your withdrawls worse? yesterday was my second day on this drug and last night i was up all night with terriable muscle pain and i have been suffering all day today with the same thing ..i have taken this antibiotic before in the past and i dont remember it doing me this was..i was thinking maybe the withdrawls from lorazapam and this antibiotic just isnt mixing to well what are your thoughts? i pray this is better tommorow..

god bless you all ::)

hugs sherry ;)

Hey Sherry,

I knew I had read about this before and had to do some more research. There is a category of antibiotics called Fluoroquinolones that should not be taken during benzodiazepine dependency or in withdrawals as they displace benzodiazepines from their receptor. This is a drug class and they have many generic names, so if your are prescribed an antibiotic, you will need to check that it is not an Fluoroquinolone. I checked and Zithromax is not one of them. Now, you might want to check your handout that you got from the pharmacy when you got your antibiotic, just to make sure. And to be extra careful, maybe call your pharmacist and ask to triple check. I don't want to give you any false information, but atleast to let you know the category that should be AVOIDED! Hope this helps.

Lori

thanks so much lori

that is a relief to hear i dont want to tke anything that is goiing to make this ny worse..i think it is just withdrawls big time..hope tommorow is better.. god bless you.

have a blessed night

sherry ;)

One of the Fluoroquinolone Antibiotics is Ciprofloxacin (Cipro) and I was put on that last November for a bad urinary tract infection. I was in tolerance at that point as well. Well, I guess the Lord protected me from some of the very serious things that could have happened! YIPES!!

Lori

Hey countrygirl, in my opinion and experience, the Zithro is making your withdrawals worse. I assume you're on the Z pack and you'll be done in a few days?

Ya, stay away from the F drug family, the possible side affects, the rare and not rare ones are far worse than any infection you could imagine.