Symtoms and what month?

[Ha...]

Okay I am day 22. It's been the hardest thing I have ever done in my life.

I have had severe tachycardia worst symptom by far, major anxiety to go with the heart palps, shaky and dizzy, twitches in different times in different places, high blood pressure, can't work out cause of heart palps, digestion issues with sugar and caffeine. There's a few and bad depersonalization. I want to go back to work but a little agrophobia. I also feel like I'm vibrating. Why day are you on and what are your side effects? Did yours come and go or stop then return?  Mine do both. For those further out does it get easier for u? Tag ur it..

Happy me

I am replying to you although I doubt I will give you any answers that you want to here.

Good news:

it will get better.

Bad news: hard to say how long it will take. some sxs are still hanging around.

Since there are hundreds of sxs and slight variations in them .

I just wanted to be here for support, since the board is so quiet .

Maybe someone else will have a better answer .

Carol

You aRe welcome

hey waaat. No one else has anymore insight for Happy me?

I haven't been feeling well and Sommy post was a little abrubt.

I apologize for that.

I actually took some time last night to try to feel how I felt 2 years ago.

I realized that I felt first of all relieved to have found a place that explained what was happening to me.

Secondly, I needed reassurance that it would end.

Thirdly, I was looking for reassurance that my symptoms were normal for withdrawal.

Someone named Chrisw. Posted a great link that documented the 300 or so known sxs

Some of them common and some more rare.

I don't know where that link is but maybe someone else here has it.

Just throwing it out there for anyone who knows.

Happy me. This is usually a long haul but maybe you will be one of the lucky ones where it doesn't take so long.

Love Carol

I can only speak for myself. Nine months out and still experiencing some anxiety, but most of the other bad symptoms have faded away into the background (dizziness, tension, cog-fog, struggling to speak, etc.). My tachycardia calmed down after about six months (the beta blockers helped). Dizziness/vergito only went away about month eight.

I can do most things without too much pain/stress/anxiety/fear now...a lot of it is just being patient with myself and taking baby steps. I don't know what to do about job interviews and dental visits (things that really freak me out) but luckily I don't have to face that every day of my life. I can manage most social interactions, provided I get a lot of rest/sleep and I exercise regularly.

Antibiotics set me right back earlier this month - took three weeks for me to get back to where I was before I took them (massive anxiety, adrenaline, fear, etc.). Still waking up with anxiety pooling in my extremities but that mostly went away before the antibiotics.

It's all got a lot better/easier and I mostly enjoy life, with the odd bad day that makes me with I had never been born. But, hey, even people that aren't in benzo withdrawal get days like that. ;)

Wishing you all the best with your recovery. Take it one day at a time and know that things *will* improve, and s/x *will* mute over the months...

Soon I will be at two months after going CT. I have such a variety of syntoms,I can't see properly,sounds are still too strong,I have food sensitivity and my taste buds are somewhere underground.What else? I can't write at the  speed of before,my head spins looking at the monitor,I can't remember things from one minute to the other,I have strong reactions to  smells,jawclenching,I don't remember who my own mother really is,and vertigo.

If you think you can handle going to work you are indeed very lucky,because I can't see that in my close future and I really want to get back to doing something.But My brain has gone to mush how can I use it for my job or for job interviews?

Making this list makes me wonder,am I really getting better? :P

My worst thing is Tackycardia. I stopped my atenolol a week ago but I had to take a 1/4 last night. My husband is really having a hard time understanding me. He was like everytime I am home from work you have the attacks he thinks it is him. It is starting to make me mad because it is not him!!! I also get a few chest pains, bad bad thoughts, OCD about my health, ANXIETY like there is no other. I wish that they would all just fade enough so I can go back to work and function. GRRRRRRR :crazy:

I still have the bad thoughts.What I do is I try to catch myself in the act of having Hope a bad thought and push it away! If you know it's part of the withdrawal it becomes possible. the problem is that most of the times you forget that it's part of the withdrawal and you believe that there are normal legitimate thoughts which they really aren't because even on my worst days before CT I never was so negative!!!

I find it useful to speak my thoughts out loud when possible so that my boyfriend can warn me.Today I caught myself  quite a few times and it was good to flick the thoughts away!!

I still have the bad thoughts.What I do is I try to catch myself in the act of having Hope a bad thought and push it away! If you know it's part of the withdrawal it becomes possible. the problem is that most of the times you forget that it's part of the withdrawal and you believe that there are normal legitimate thoughts which they really aren't because even on my worst days before CT I never was so negative!!!

I find it useful to speak my thoughts out loud when possible so that my boyfriend can warn me.Today I caught myself  quite a few times and it was good to flick the thoughts away!!

This is something that I also had to learn to do.

If the thought is not helping me in any way I say

"I banish you". It takes discipline not give in to moping about things.

I like to say "keep the blinders on and take one step forward at a time"

One day we will get to the finish line :)

Love Carol

4 months out for me and I get waves throughout the day and night. The new one I have is tachycardia. Gonna start taking lopressor again. I'm not as miserable as the first month off but I'm still far from well.