Anyone had a panic attack at the christmas dinner ?

[ed...]

I knew that gonna happen. I explained what was going on with the withdrawal and my family understands it.

But its still sooooo emberrasing :(. talking like a uber nervous shy kid.

I had some fears before my addiction but not the fear of talking to people  :-[ (only on bus and trains)

I cried after dinner..

Up to new year. My first new year party in 6 years home alone.

Cant wait for al the texts I will get on my phone

'where are you? whats wrong '  ::) And the sound of fireworks.. all those happiness.

I'm happy when all this shit is over.

im not looking forward to christmas dinner,..

I have all these people semi-aware of whats going on for me that are suggesting I stop eating root vegetables and use a rebounder because thats what they saw on dr. oz.

it'll be over soon, just hard when i have a 7 yr old that is so excited ad im trying not to be so negative all the time

I am super nervous about my xmas dinners I have to attend tomorrow, but I made it through tonights xmas eve celebration and the hardest part was the hours leading up to it.  So thats the comforting thought I have for tomorrow...  It wont be as bad as I anticipate!

Also, its nice to know I will remember CLEARLY this years xmas celebrations.  My benzo dose was seriously memory impairing and I feel robbed of so many memories.  At least I am building new ones.

For the people who are missing this years events and to the OP, I am sorry and totally understand you.  I hate to use the most worn out phrase ever but it is soooo true:  It will get better!

Happy holidays to all of you!  Thank you so much for all the support through my dark times.  I never really post much but I DO read the heck out of this site!

I am super nervous about my xmas dinners I have to attend tomorrow, but I made it through tonights xmas eve celebration and the hardest part was the hours leading up to it.  So thats the comforting thought I have for tomorrow...  It wont be as bad as I anticipate!

Also, its nice to know I will remember CLEARLY this years xmas celebrations.  My benzo dose was seriously memory impairing and I feel robbed of so many memories.  At least I am building new ones.

For the people who are missing this years events and to the OP, I am sorry and totally understand you.  I hate to use the most worn out phrase ever but it is soooo true:  It will get better!

Happy holidays to all of you!  Thank you so much for all the support through my dark times.  I never really post much but I DO read the heck out of this site!

I'm horrible at the anticipation.  I made myself ill this morning at work thinking about the gathering tonight.  I was really mad at myself by the time I returned home from work at noon.  I was seriously ill with anxiety.  I was certain I wouldn't be able to make it.  All kinds of dr/dp and panicky crap. 

So I sat down and wrote out what was wrong.  The only things that were wrong was the way I was thinking.  I realized after writing out the problems in my head that none of those things were going to come up, and even if they did, I could handle them.  So I quit obsessing and just showed up.

I actually enjoyed everything.  It was so nice. 

When I was on benzos this couldn't have happened.  I would have just taken a couple extra, had too much to drink and floated through everything with distorted memories and no real emotions.

Last Christmas I was just glad I didn't freak out.  This year I was able to totally enjoy everything and was gratefull for the special people who accept me as I AM.

It keeps getting better.   

I'm horrible at the anticipation.  I made myself ill this morning at work thinking about the gathering tonight.  I was really mad at myself by the time I returned home from work at noon.  I was seriously ill with anxiety.  I was certain I wouldn't be able to make it.  All kinds of dr/dp and panicky crap. 

So I sat down and wrote out what was wrong.  The only things that were wrong was the way I was thinking.  I realized after writing out the problems in my head that none of those things were going to come up, and even if they did, I could handle them.  So I quit obsessing and just showed up.

When I was on benzos this couldn't have happened.  I would have just taken a couple extra, had too much to drink and floated through everything with distorted memories and no real emotions.

Last Christmas I was just glad I didn't freak out.  This year I was able to totally enjoy everything and was gratefull for the special people who accept me as I AM.

It keeps getting better. 

Great post!  Looks like you handled it well.  I can relate and thanks for sharing how you handled the anticipation, good info there.

It keeps getting better. 

Wow, what great coping skills you used there! I am going to follow your example.  :thumbsup: