Anyone Have PTSD On Top of Withdrawal?

[ca...]

I had an extremely traumatic experience 5 years ago that basically saw me completely break down. It brought back all the childhood trauma I had that was never addressed, which was a double whammy. Then, being on benzos and zopiclone, not knowing that these drugs would in fact exacerbate and drag out the PTSD and now in withdrawal knowing that it's the only way my PTSD can heal.

Just wondering if anyone else has PTSD from an experience on top of the benzo/z-drug problems.

Hi:

I also suffer from PTSD, from a bad childhood that I kept inside me for decades. It reared it's ugly head once I started tapering off the benzos. My doctor who is tapering me off also gives my psyc. therapy on my PTSD, which is starting to  help me in both ways. The therapy will take years, prolly to my grave, but it helps with my withdrawal. I feel much better after our weekly sessions, but like benzos, it will take lots of time. Betsy

Cate66 and Benzogirl,

You will both heal from all of what you write about. Everything is reversable. And it won't take you a life time. Don't limit yourself to a lifetime. Be careful of what you say and write. Your subconscious stores everything. PLEASE google "sleep mediation louis hays" and listen every night in bed. There are 5 parts but you can go to her website and make a CD. She was badly abused as a child and has found her way out and is now sharing that way out with the world. It's amazing.

Give it a listen...can't hurt.

xoxoxoxo

BT :smitten:

I did google that and found some Self Love meditations from her on YouTube that I will check out, I'll look for her website as well. I also do listen to an Anxiety Depression mediation on YT by Jody Whitely.

Thanks for your encouragement BT, hugs to you. You're right about watching what you say and write. Decades of severe emotional pain takes a long time to rewire, though I feel that large improvements are indeed possible if one can stay the course!

:smitten:

I did google that and found some Self Love meditations from her on YouTube that I will check out, I'll look for her website as well. I also do listen to an Anxiety Depression mediation on YT by Jody Whitely.

Thanks for your encouragement BT, hugs to you. You're right about watching what you say and write. Decades of severe emotional pain takes a long time to rewire, though I feel that large improvements are indeed possible if one can stay the course!

:smitten:

I'm so happy that you googled her. I listen to the sleep mediation everynight now for a week. She says to listen to it everynight for at least a month. It helps to relieve SO MUCH. I also put post it notes on all my mirrors in my home and in other rooms that reads "you are healthy and strong" and everytime I see one I say it outloud. I was saying it 20 times before listening to Louis Hays before going to sleep and 20 times when I woke up. It was amazing how much better I felt. Louis Hays sleep mediation has helped me sleep so much better and to stay positive and have a healthy outlook on life regardless of my childhood and my current life. I am a single mom. My son's father passed away a few years ago. I am in my 40's and I my boyfriend left me because he couldn't handle my w/d a few months ago. My son is 8 years old. I felt so alone. I don't anymore.

All the love to you my dear.

xoxoxo

Cate66:

From reading your post, you and I are in the same exact situation, except that I'm a bit older but not nece

Cate66 and Benzogirl,

You will both heal from all of what you write about. Everything is reversable. And it won't take you a life time. Don't limit yourself to a lifetime. Be careful of what you say and write. Your subconscious stores everything. PLEASE google "sleep mediation louis hays" and listen every night in bed. There are 5 parts but you can go to her website and make a CD. She was badly abused as a child and has found her way out and is now sharing that way out with the world. It's amazing.

Give it a listen...can't hurt.

xoxoxoxo

You're right. It's certainly can't hurt....Betsy

I'm glad you are doing better BT. I'm sorry to hear about your son's father passing and your boyfriend leaving you at this vulnerable time, that must've been really hard. Your little boy is lucky to have a strong mom like you.

I have put up little pieces of paper with notes to myself as well. Being on benzos and coming off them, I've found it hard to even remember things that help, so notes on the wall, etc are very good. I will try out your meditation, listening to uplifting words and no nonsense wisdom can be very calming and can pull one out of a despairing situation. I live with a male roommate who can be helpful, but who isn't very understanding and has his own issues with anger, etc. I'm not getting any emotional support face to face, so I have to soldier on alone. I'm very grateful to be here. I find Stoicism to be VERY helpful for support when there isn't any. There is a book called The Art of Living, an interpretation of Epictetus by Sharon Lebell that immediately can set a person's thoughts right when they go astray and I recommend it to everyone. Any Stoic writings online can be helpful.  Epictetus, Seneca, Marcus Aurelius. 

All my love to you and Betsy both.  :smitten: