Decision?

[Bo...]

Need help with a decision. I am not feeling so great. Heart hurts, I sweat, get dizzy, bad headaches, blood pressure spikes and I'm feeling DR/DP, fatigue, you all know the story...

I cut last Tuesday, planning on cutting Christmas day and last dose New Year's Eve. That would be a bit fast for the end. But, I DON'T want to bring this into the New Year. I desperately want to start off 2014 without taking any benzo. I know it will still be in my system and will take a few weeks to fully leave and the real healing can begin.

What I mentioned is tolerable but miserable. I'm not in hell. Thank God  :smitten:

So should I continue as planned or slow it down? I'm alone in this decision and would really appreciate some feed back. I've been blessed with having you all throughout this journey and without BB I wouldn't have made it this far. So one last attempt at having my friends help me with this very serious decision.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Love you all so much. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

:smitten:

BT

It's your choice. But remember, dropping too fast will catch up with you in 2014. Don't stamp a date. If you think you're going too fast, then you are. I'd wait until after the holidays to make that last drop. The final drop is a great way to start the New Year! Betsy

Don't let that old "new years deadline" crap influence your taper and get you in trouble. Listen to your body and stick with your plan.

I'm in the same boat, but waiting to jump after the holidays..

It's your choice. But remember, dropping too fast will catch up with you in 2014. Don't stamp a date. If you think you're going too fast, then you are. I'd wait until after the holidays to make that last drop. The final drop is a great way to start the New Year! Betsy

Thanks Betsy,

I don't want to put a stamp on it...but....I do....urg! Your right...some folks jump where I am at now...I still have 2 more cuts...

Okay...I'll have to wait and see how I feel. I'll keep you all posted.

Love love love

Hi Bonestied,

You need to decide by what YOUR body is telling you when you feel you can jump. Some people can deal with the mental and physical pain more than others and everyone has a different pain threshold, etc. I had a tough time when I dropped from .187 to .125mg of K, but it wasn't much of an issue jumping at .062 for ME. 

Patrick 

Don't let that old "new years deadline" crap influence your taper and get you in trouble. Listen to your body and stick with your plan.

I'm in the same boat, but waiting to jump after the holidays..

Hi Benzy,

I'm feeling pretty good right now. The aching heart and headache has subsided. How are you feeling? Are you going to cut one more time or jump at .0625?

I'm planning on cutting Christmas day which will bring me to .0325 then take the last dose of .0325 six days later...

BT

I wouldn't push through it just to start out the new year benzo-free.

IMO, I think it's more important to listen to your body, so that you don't have to suffer severely.

Whatever you choose to do, all the best to you. :)

Hi Bonestied,

You need to decide by what YOUR body is telling you when you feel you can jump. Some people can deal with the mental and physical pain more than others and everyone has a different pain threshold, etc. I had a tough time when I dropped from .187 to .125mg of K, but it wasn't much of an issue jumping at .062 for ME. 

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

CONGRADULATIONS ON BEING BENZO FREE :yippee:

That is great news. How are you feeling now? I am planning on cutting Christmas day down to .0325 then New Years Eve take the last dose.

My w/ds come and go....right now I feel good as I type this. It's bizzare how they come and go but to be honest most days are good. Still can't drive on highway. But that day will come.

I will post when I jump.

LMK how you are doing please.

BT :smitten:

I wouldn't push through it just to start out the new year benzo-free.

IMO, I think it's more important to listen to your body, so that you don't have to suffer severely.

Whatever you choose to do, all the best to you. :)

Hi Disney Girl,

Thanks, I will listen to my body.

Good luck with your decision BT! I really don't have anything to offer for you on this matter besides support.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and benzo free 2014 of healing (or maybe 48-50 weeks benzo free  ;)). Either way, should be a hell of a lot better than 2013 eh?  :smitten:

Good luck with your decision BT! I really don't have anything to offer for you on this matter besides support.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and benzo free 2014 of healing (or maybe 48-50 weeks benzo free  ;)). Either way, should be a hell of a lot better than 2013 eh?  :smitten:

Thanks Innadaze!

Yes, A LOT BETTER THAN 2013 good bye benzos!

xoxoxoxo

hey there!

i know you don't know me but i have to agree with the people that are saying to listen to YOUR body! i too was determined to finish by the new year. I jumped off 1mg of Valium last Wednesday and by Friday night I had to reinstate at 5mg's because I was literally going insane. i was cruising and feeling good and then it hit me like a truck.

i would have given ANYTHING to have NOT gone through this past week. it was a living hell. i don't want to be a discouragement. If you feel like you are ready then only you know. It does sound like you might be a little uncertain from reading through this thread.

so, that's my 2 cents.

hope you have an AWESOME CHRISTMAS! :)

Thank you Bonestied !

I am doing ok. Certainly not healed, but nothing major that I can't handle. Mainly experiencing tinnitus, insomnia and some hearing and smelling sensitivity. A little bit of breathing issues too. If I wouldn't have felt like I was going to die over the last few months I would probably be miserable, but once you feel like you have cheated death it really puts things into perspective. I am really looking forward to an outstanding new year !

Cheers to 2014 and Merry Christmas to everyone !!

Patrick 

BT:

We seem to be once again at exactly the same place at the same time. I am at 0.06mg lorazepam today and was dearly planning for a new years eve jump. psychologically planning for a NO BENZO 2014. But I got a bit caught up in the 0.1mg to 0.075mg drop and had to hold an extra week, which would shift my jump date from Dec31 to maybe Jan7.

As I sit here, I wonder if I might just bite the bullet and rush this last bit of taper to meet the planned Dec31 jump. Given how good I feel right now by taking things slow, I am leaning towards continuing to take things slow until the end. It would be great to feel good at, and after, my jump. Speeding the taper up surely might jeopordize my well state of being.

Wouldn't it be great to be symptom-free going into a jump and AFTERWARDS?! With so many BBers here experiencing horrific post-jump sxs, we should treasure our health and do what we can to preserve it, though I obsess about just stopping (benzos) every single day at my current low dose.

Let us know what you do and how you feel and I will do the same. Good luck! :thumbsup: