Will it all be gone?

[Sa...]

Will all this anxiety and fear and feelings of being over whelmed be gone omce i recover? Never had it prior to benzo use and i feel terrible for anyone who has to deal with it chronically.

Hi Sal,

There are hundreds of success stories in this website from people who say that they healed completely and I am sure that they are not all lying to us. The benzo brain that we get and the depression that is added sure makes us want to believe that we may never get better, that's for sure. Try to stay positive as that really seemed to help me a lot during my battle with the beast.

I am not completely healed, but I am in a way better place than I was.

Good luck on your taper !

Patrick

Thanks patrick i read em all the time, just gotta believe i guess :) . And im not on anything been 2 months and 2 weeks so far. Have dr 24/7 and panic attacks while out in public and headaches amd body temp fluctuations all the times....

It takes a very long time for nerves to regenerate … I know it feels like forever before most of us see progress but I've seen people who've been in the very worst way go on and heal.  You will, too.  Be kind to yourself… the easier you can take things the better.

Challis  :highfive:

Thanks chalis. Im just a stubborn youngster haha. With a ton of distaste for qhat my physician did to me. Appreciate the positive reinforcement though. All of you kind individuals on bb are great helps though  ;D

I can only speak for myself, but I know my doctor was merely uneducated… he would never have knowingly set me up to go through this, never.  My own opinion is that family doctors really have no clue about the potency and dangers of what they're prescribing.  Family doctors should not be allowed to prescribe benzodiazepines, in my opinion.  Just my take on it.

Challis :highfive:

I literally said that today challis. Told my mom that no persobal physician shld have the ability to write scripts for benzos or ssri on snri. Well psych me ds in general. They give them out like trick or treat candies and their mostly tricks

Will all this anxiety and fear and feelings of being over whelmed be gone omce i recover? Never had it prior to benzo use and i feel terrible for anyone who has to deal with it chronically.

To answer your question ..... Yes.

You didn't have these symptoms before benzos ....

Be assured you will recover, Sal ...

Take good care of yourself ....

Lizie