Fatigue and weakness at 7.5 months

[Ri...]

I seem to be getting weaker and weaker and am so tired.  Anyone else have this problem around 7 -8 months out?  Starting to wonder if something else is wrong.  Insomnia was always a problem until just recently, now I just want to sleep all the time.

Thanks for any input,

Ringo

I started taking magnesium in month 7 to combat this symptom along with the pain. I've also added some vitamin D and use an SAD light daily. All of this seems to help out.

I've battled fatigue in months 7,8,9. Not every single day, but quite often. As far as I know I'm fairly healthy and it's probably because my body is working so hard to repair itself that it tires more easily. Weakness is less often but when I'm in a wave definitely feel it more then.

Thank you Sven, Innadaze and Frus for your replies.

I have been taking 2000IU of D and 150 to 300mg mag all along but I have never tried the SAD light.  The winters here are awfully depressing which is something else I am having a nasty battle with.

By the way, do any of you get burning feet especially at night?

Hope everyone has a very happy Christmas and a much better 2014.

Ringo

Have you had your Vitamin D levels checked?  Taking 2,000 IU of Vit D (D3 I assume?) is actually not very much. If your D levels are low (and unless you live at the equator, they probably are), it can actually take a lot more than that. 150 - 300mg of magnesium is also not that much.    Also, magnesium helps to process vit D.  So when you take Vit D, you can actually deplete your body's magnesium a bit. I'm currently taking 5,000 IU of D3 and 600-800mg of mag each day.  For magnesium, I typically take a 400mg mag glycinate pill in the morning and then take 1/2 a pill in the afternoon and 1/2 before bed.  Or I take something called Natural Calm before bed which is mag citrate in powdered form that you mix with water.

You might also want to check out this thread in the Insomnia section about vitamin D.  Lots of informative links there:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=47920.0

-b

I seem to be getting weaker and weaker and am so tired.  Anyone else have this problem around 7 -8 months out?  Starting to wonder if something else is wrong.  Insomnia was always a problem until just recently, now I just want to sleep all the time.

Thanks for any input,

Ringo

Hey there Ringo -

Oh boy can I relate to this!!  I'm almost at 7 months now and this is my biggest complaint.  It began for me somewhere around the 4 month mark, and won't seem to let up.  I feel like my body was so revved up during the acute phase that when it finally subsided, my body just crashed, hence the fatigue.  No matter how much I sleep or rest, I still feel drained.  I push myself to get things done during the day, but every now & then I just spend a day on the couch.  I'm pretty healthy outside of benzo wd and still relatively young, so I don't believe for me that it's due to anything but withdrawal.  Hopefully as we ride this out it will improve more.  I really hope that this sx will pass soon for the both of us!!!

Hi bjl,

I can't seem to find mag. glycinate around here, all I can find is mag. citrate and I'm afraid to take anymore as it will give me the trots at too much more :-[::).  I thought I read that Parker got into some trouble taking too much vitamin D.  Anyway, you are right, I should get my levels checked, I am in Canada after all!!

Thanks for the advice.

Ringo

Hi hopeseeker,

I sure hope this passes for both of us soon too, I am so tired of being so tired!

How is the insomnia for you now?

Take care,

Ringo

Hi hopeseeker,

I sure hope this passes for both of us soon too, I am so tired of being so tired!

How is the insomnia for you now?

Take care,

Ringo

I really only had insomnia in the early months, thank goodness!  For quite awhile now I can't seem to get enough sleep.  I co-parent with my son's father, so when my son is with me I sometimes get broken sleep if he wakes up in the night, but that's really the extent of sleep issues for me right now.